Wide Deep Dish Aftermarket Rims - HELP!

Jamchin

Established Member
Hello All. I have a 2001 SVT Cobra. I want 18 inch rims, wide, and deep dish. I want the rear to be 10.5 inches wide and the front 9.5 inches (or maybe 9 inches?).

What are some popular relatively cheap aftermarket companies for our cars?

Thanks!

Jamchin

Established Member
I checked Americanmuscle, OEwheels, and all those other guys and I cannot find an 18 inch rim that is 10.5 inches wide. They have 10.5 inch wide rims, but the largest rim is 17 inches...

17 inch is too small for me, and that means the tire profile is going to have to be kind of large which I personally don't like.

I might have to go with some other custom name brands. Do you guys know of any brands that sell 18 inch diameter and 10.5 wide?

I found one site that has 18 inch rims with 10.5 inch width, but they are not deep dish:
http://shop.afswheels.com/94-04-Mustang-03-COBRA-18-X-9-105-Wheels-and-Tires-CHROME-WT4CV.htm

Hey Soccerman002: What type of rims you got? FR500? What size rims and tire specs?

Last edited:

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I am currently running 9.5 wide Shelby razor 20" on all 4 corners, 45mm and 25 mm offsets(wider offset for the rear). It looks amazing but I have since become addicted to the true forged 18" 11 wide x 9 wide setup. cant say enough about how damn cool those look!. selling my razors to buy a new set of smaller wheels

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
18x10 in the rear, deep dish FR500's, 285/35x18 tire size.

You're stressing too much about that extra 1/2", just go 18x10 and be done with it.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think 10 to 10.5 is more about the tire than the rim. I'm running 17x10.5" with 315 Nittos and my buddy has 18x10 with 285 Sumitomos. It's a noticeable difference from the rear as far as tire width, but I don't think his tires are completely flush with the ends of the rims either.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I think 10 to 10.5 is more about the tire than the rim. I'm running 17x10.5" with 315 Nittos and my buddy has 18x10 with 285 Sumitomos. It's a noticeable difference from the rear as far as tire width, but I don't think his tires are completely flush with the ends of the rims either.

I have the exact some combo as your buddy does - the 285/35r18 Sumitomo tires definitely are a bit narrow looking compared to other brands.

Jamchin

Established Member
Ok thanks guys for all the comments. You have a point about stressing over 1/2-inch. To me, without wide rims+tires at the back, the car really doesn't say much from behind. But when you got some wide rims+tires at the back, that come out and are flush with the body or even comes out a bit, it looks so mean and amazing. And for me, it's a waste to have a mustang and not have that look - that was one of the reasons I got this car because of the look it can pull off that no other car has really done for me.

I even seen guys with 11 inch and 12 inch wide rims, and it looks so mean...

I think going the generic route of FR500, Saleens, etc etc, I won't be able to fully get that look, even with spacers which I want to avoid.

I may have to bite the bullet and buy from a company that have the various widths which would mean it's gonna cost more. Keep in mind I dont live in the states - I live in Canada, so everything is going to cost me that much more (currency exchange + shipping).

Do any of you know of any relatively cheap rim manufacturers that sell wide wheels for our stangs and various backspacing/offsets? Much appreciated guys!

Users who are viewing this thread