Why you should be afraid...

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
Well,

like most of you, lately I have been annoyed about the restrictions placed on me when traveling by air. Passing through security, and having to remember a plastic baggy if I want to bring shaving cream or what not with me. I thought it was just a huge over reaction.

I was absolutely wrong.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/289485/binary_explosive_new_terrorist_threat_scary_stuff/

A dobble of explosive the size of an ink blot can vaporize a watermelon. Imagine what a toothpick sized amount of that could do to the fuselage of an airplane when detonated from a bathroom.

Just something to keep in mind the next time you try to pull a fast one on the illegal immigrant airline security workers managed by the guy with no highschool education.

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
personally i don't mind the the delays it's not that big of a deal. If that is what it takes to make flying safe then so be it, people get way to upset over 10min then they should.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Can't see the website at work...blocked. I'll have to see this when I get home.

fire

Bleeding Blue
Established Member
thats nuts.. honestly even today the security isnt tight enough to catch that, i mean for all they know i could have my ipod full of that stuff and the play button could ignite it all..

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
ta2d1 said:
personally i don't mind the the delays it's not that big of a deal. If that is what it takes to make flying safe then so be it, people get way to upset over 10min then they should.

I cant see the website either (blocked) but i agree with ta2d1. I fly internationally several times a year and have no problems with the security measures.

madmatt

Stockishly Slow
Established Member
ta2d1 said:
Agreed. Every time Ive flown, Ive had PLENTY of time to get where I needed to be, even with all the extra safety stuff. You just cant show up 20 mins before your flight leaves...

dogmush

Established Member
ta2d1 said:

The problem is it's not making flying safe.

I've said since they instituted the new security rules that I would wait an hour or more to make flying safe, I am only annoyed because as I sit in line fore 20-30 minutes, and dump my bottle of Aquafina, I can see many GLARING security holes. I'm of the opinion that if your going to inconvienence me, then make me safe. If your not going to make me safe, then don't bother me. But please, enough with the inconveinenced, still in danger traveling.

Without getting into too many specifics just a few things that annoy me:

You can't take more then three ounces of liquid in one bottle, unless you're a mother with a child, then bring a quart of formula. Because terrorists never use women and children.

I have accidentlly taken my Leatherman onto the flight by throwing the sheath into the wrong bag. If i can bring a knife by accident, what do you think people can smuggle?

Speaking of the knife, come on, it's a Leatherman!! What am I going to do, unscrew something?

While we're on the subject, it's a Bic lighter. Concentrate on stopping the explosives from getting on board, and the lighter won't matter.

Electronics.....Nuff said, has there ever been a better, more radio opaque explosives holder then a laptop battary?

Stop the easy security risks and I'll be a lot more cheerful about the liquids. After all the terrorists might have seen Die Hard 4 too.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
interesting that the explosive "vaporized" over 10lbs or melon but yet didn't have enough energy to damage the post or break the tape/plastic wrap that was left dangling at the end. :rollseyes

also, they spelled "vapourized" wrong :smmon:

IMHO they are over playing the so-called power of this super-explosive :bored:

Users who are viewing this thread