Why wont anyone buy???

03kobra

Established Member
I have posted my 03 cobra for sale and no one seems to be interested, why do you think?? Its under market...."FS 2003 Cobra"

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
economy is kinda down right now dude, a few friends of mine are trying to sell their stangs and even with a hefty price cut, they are not geting and biters.

If your car is in CA then u generally shouldnt have a problem with selling it. Have you posted it up on Craigslist.com? Try that. A lot of cars are sold thru there. We buy cars from those adds all the time. And best of all, they are free ads!

03CobraBro

Established Member
Also remember alot of people would rather just buy a brand new Cobra at this point. I guess it all depends on how much your asking for it.

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
I placed my 1995 GT in the paperback issue of Mustang Trader and sold it within a week of it coming out. Non of the online ads worked. Got like one call in two weeks. With Mustang Trader I got like 3 calls per day.

Goldy

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
Also remember alot of people would rather just buy a brand new Cobra at this point. I guess it all depends on how much your asking for it.

Agreed. Unless the used '03 is being offered at a heavily discounted price, I would go for the new one. However with that said, I guess if the used '03 had a bunch of mods which I was thinking about doing and the car was well cared for, I may give more consideration to the used one.

I also think that if fewer new '03s where currently available, you'd have better luck selling a used one.

Good Luck.

Howard

03blackvert

Established Member
Selling an '03 to a board of people who already have one probably isn't a target rich enviornment. :lol:

trey193

Established Member
I have a friend looking hard right now, give me the details color, miles , mods anything else U can think of!

c0bra969

Custom title.
Established Member
yea im going to be buying one in the next month or two....unless i see a great deal..im driving her off the showroom floor.,..

derryck

Established Member
I would never buy a car like this used... if it's going to be abused then it will at my abuse. I agree that for most to consider a used one I would think it would have to be in the mid to upper $20's. I love this car but it has the poorest resale value of any car I've ever owned.

You might want to post at www.s2ki.com... there's alot of pretty good car enthusiasts there. A fellow S2000 owner just bought a used 03 Cobra and there's alot of interest in this car over there.

Last edited:

NastyWS6

Established Member
I'll talk to a few people I know are looking and show them the thread, Hell I would like to buy it but have some things to get in order first

Trader

Established Member
Originally posted by 03kobra
I have posted my 03 cobra for sale and no one seems to be interested, why do you think?? Its under market...."FS 2003 Cobra"
Price. It is not low enough. In order to sell a car with 7k miles on it you should go below invoice on it.

Check around and see what others are selling for. Im sure someone will pick it up for 30. 30 seems to be the magical number for some people when it comes to cars.

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I would agree with the other comments posted. I was checking out your ad in the Market. $32k is too much for a used Cobra. Once it heads out the showroom I would think you won't get over $30k for it.

Mr.Mystic

It is possible to get one new for invoice or x plan which is right around 32,5 to 33K.

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Originally posted by 03kobra

b/c u want too much for it, there's used 03 cobras goin for $27-29k right now, you might want to drop the price a little bit IMHO.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Originally posted by derryck
I would never buy a car like this used... if it's going to be abused then it will at my abuse. I agree that for most to consider a used one I would think it would have to be in the mid to upper $20's. I love this car but it has the poorest resale value of any car I've ever owned.

First year depreciation is a killer. This will level off as the car gets older.

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
I've had mine for sale for MONTHS now. I got some YOUNG bites at first. Its been in the Auto Trader. I am asking BEST OFFER. nothing...

The car has $2000 in component upgrades.

The 87 GN, 91 Syclone, and 90's Supra Turbo's are still HOT! The 03 Cobra will eventually fall into that category.

My car gets A LOT of attention at car meets and track. People LOVE this car... No one wants to buy a used one...

Ford's are notorious for having a bad resale value initially. My 91 Mustang 5.0 KILLED me by about a $2700 loss the first year. Ouch!

I've got $40K into the car ($34750 sticker, taxes etc., upgrades, 60K transferable warranty). I bought it in July of 2002. I have 8K on it. Would like to get AT LEAST $32 for it.

The thing is, mileage wont kill me that much. The car will take an initial beating in the market and then hold STEADY for years! As long as she looks good, have all the papers, and runs perfect...

Could be worth a lot in years. Still wont beat $35K invested now, with compounding and doubling your money every 7 years. Thats about $300,000 in 20 years. i doubt we can get $300K for it in 20 years. Even with no mileage and rubbing it with a diaper.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Im glad to here the cobra fall into that catagory... Iv been trying to find a car that comperable in category to dads GN for a long time... Looks like I finally did it :)

03SLOBRA

Trollin aint easy
Established Member
I can get a new 03 Cobra off the lot for $30.5K so this isn't much of a deal for me. I have yet to decide if I want a new 04 Cobra, or wait for Mystichrome, or get a used 03??? decisions decisions..

Either way good luck selling it. If I were to be interested in a used 03 Cobra fow the way the market is and new 04's on the way you need to be in the $27-28K range for your miles. If I go for a used 03 I'll wait till they get near $25K and make a bid. I'm sure some will balk at that but its a buyers market and people can afford to be choosey.

Users who are viewing this thread