why to keep the H/E with a KC

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
I had the cobra out Sunday, ambient temp around 90* and noticed the AC wasnt cooling the cabin:bash::cuss:, started watching IAT2s going up on the Aeroforce....before the installation of the KC, I didnt have an Aeroforce gauge to see what pre-KC IAT2 temps were... I know now.

This is the main reason why I didnt delete the H/E. IAT2's climbed to approx 130's.....this was with moderate driving.... hate to see what it would be on WOT 1st thru 4th.

found the leak near the condensor, near the peanut fitting. Looks like a good time to change to the commercial refrigerant instead of the R34 and see the difference.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Yeah I agree. If I go KC I will just use the 3 way valve and leave the HE on just in case. Plus in the winter I would probably just turn the 3 way valve to the HE for the season.

On the other hand it would be a benefit for engine cooling to have the restriction of the HE out of the front opening.

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
good to know, ill plan on keeping it for that reason. I have my K/C coming from the recent group buy. i have become obsessed with my IAT2's and it drives me nuts. i went on a 1 hour back road drive with my wife and 13 month old daughter, obviously a leisurely slow drive. The IAT2's seem to settle at about 130-135 steady with a whipple 2.3 1st gen pullied for 20lbs. Im so looking forward to the K/C.

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
^ pretty much same combo, gen 1 @19-20psi....you shouldnt have to much trouble seeing IAT2's in the 80-90* range even on hot days...GL

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
yea my whipple seems to climb temps up to 120+ even under light driving .. ready for that to be long gone

i also am getting a kc in the new group buy!

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
I had the exact same problem with a leak in mine, but didn't have the stock HE in the loop at the time. However, I did have a water temp gauge inside the car with me and it's connected to my IC Res. The water temp kept going up, so I knew something was wrong and found out later it was a leak.

I was on my way to one of our club car cruises at the time and noticed the temp going up, so I got to the meet location only to have to turn around and drive "cautiously" back home and miss the cruise:fm:. If I'd had the 3valve and HE connected I could've just flipped the valve and used my HE and still enjoyed the cruise:bash:. Needless to say I've since had the valve and HE added to my system, so I will never have to miss out or be potentially stranded again. KC plus HE AND 3way valve for the MF win!!!:rockon::burnout:

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
^ pretty much same combo, gen 1 @19-20psi....you shouldnt have to much trouble seeing IAT2's in the 80-90* range even on hot days...GL

I would be MORE than excited to see that, I pretty much only step on it 10 mins into my drive once temps crest over 110 or so, I don't bother. What kind of power do you make with the gen 1?

Users who are viewing this thread