Why not more WELD wheels??

Mattio

Established Member
Curious why I see so many 05+ stangs running weld RTS' and not more 99-04? I REALLY want a set of 15s out back and 18s up front on my 04 cobra however I do not want skinnies. The lack of desire for a full drag wheel setup is because its a street car and the thought of skinnies scare me ;-) can I even get an 18x9 RTS from Weld to fit the termi??

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
Wondering same thing i'd love the 18 rts with black and polished 11 in back and 9 in front for something different and a good quality rim

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
It's probably because in order to fit a 15" wheel on 03/04 cobras you need to do a little grinding and I think it scares most people away. The newer cars are solid axles and don't require and modification to fit those wheels.

coposrv

Established Member
The weld RTS 17-18" dont look at good at the aluma $tars either. At least on the front. So many go with CCW

Never_Enough

Established Member
I think too many Mustangs have Weld wheels on them if anything.

I went the knock off route on my old LX. I put Summit knock offs on it lol.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
I think cause RTS wheels are way to pricey for a "normal" brand.

A set of 18x9 fronts and 18x11 rears wont be much less than the same in CCW..they are just too expensive. An 18x11 is in the $650 area...so is a CCW in the same size ($675 actually but close enough).

I am not sure what a CCW drag pack costs but i think in the $1500-2000 area.

coposrv

Established Member
I do like the rear RTS in the 15-16 variety but for a 17-18 front runner I don't want to run a 4.5" tire. I need a little more to feel comfortable on the street. I really want a 17x6, 16x10ish rear for the ultimate street setup. The only problem is cost and the CCW's weight a good bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread