Why not make a turbo kit to utilize the OEM water to air system?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
95YellowGTBeast said:
the hellion kit will also spool up faster due to the use of the lower 03 cobra intake bc of the short runners it utilizes...

Hellion kit does not use 03 Cobra lower intake.
Hellion is designed for 99-01 or MACH1 LONG runner intakes.

HellionCobra

More to come!
Established Member
i have logged numerous whipple cars with upgraded heat exchanger parts. on car had a bigger heat exchanger with a factory heat exchanger (read two heat exchangers) and fans. cruising around that thing had temps in 130 range. my car cruising around has temps in the 100 range. once the water to air got heat soaked on the street it never recovers. not trying to say it cant be done and you are right knowing that ever part of that system will need to be upgrade to even have a chance at keeping up, but why reinvent the wheel?

Nate

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
HellionCobra said:
i have logged numerous whipple cars with upgraded heat exchanger parts. on car had a bigger heat exchanger with a factory heat exchanger (read two heat exchangers) and fans. cruising around that thing had temps in 130 range. my car cruising around has temps in the 100 range. once the water to air got heat soaked on the street it never recovers. not trying to say it cant be done and you are right knowing that ever part of that system will need to be upgrade to even have a chance at keeping up, but why reinvent the wheel?

Nate

Yes. I totally believe that.

The only real question would be if the intercooler flows well enough. Pumps are pretty cheap, and the wiring is already there. It would be more of a upgrade than a wheel reinvention. Most people already have larger heat exchangers and larger reservoirs, so adding a better pump shouldn't be too big of a job.

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
HellionCobra said:
let me know how it works out for you.

Nate

Will do.. I need to do some more research on the intercooler and other components to see if such a project is worth the time spent to get it right.

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
postban said:
Hellion kit does not use 03 Cobra lower intake.
Hellion is designed for 99-01 or MACH1 LONG runner intakes.

lol thats what i meant...late night last night i meant the ptk kit use the 03-04 lower intake

03trbodsl

Established Member
I was thinking about trying to utilize both, air to air and the stock intercooler. Was thinking of a hillion kit with a procharger intake. But nor sure if i would be killing the air to air charge with the heat soaked fluid though? I mean if the air to air is cooler when it hits the stock intercooler under the sheet metal intake, then i guess its a waste of time! :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread