Why not bring some GT to GT500 options

Lemers

Established Member
Now that the GT500 is being built on the same production line as the GT why not allow come of the GT options that are lacking from the GT500.

I understand not allowing in cases where it would be a downgrade like suspension or a GT icon like the fog light grill. But the premium seats that are pretty much the same but for the passenger electric adjustable seats. Or some of the paints offered.

I understand that color is a limiting factor (I.e. they paint a series of car the same color) but since the GT500 is built there then all the other parts are available. Why not a got to have green GT500 or even the Boss exclusive School Bus Yellow. Given its status as the top mustang there shouldn't be anything held back from it unless it lowers its performance.

Also, why do the stripe options have to be limited to matching the outside stripes to the seat stripes? The seats are prelate and the stripes are stickers it shouldn't matter what's installed. Why can't I have Deep impact Blue with black stripes on the outside and blue stripes on the seats? If I want blue stripes on black car white not? That combo looks better than blue on red.

Ford goes through all this "customize your ride" BS then limits your options. Just my 2€.

rwboring

Established Member
Now that the GT500 is being built on the same production line as the GT why not allow come of the GT options that are lacking from the GT500.

I understand not allowing in cases where it would be a downgrade like suspension or a GT icon like the fog light grill. But the premium seats that are pretty much the same but for the passenger electric adjustable seats. Or some of the paints offered.

I understand that color is a limiting factor (I.e. they paint a series of car the same color) but since the GT500 is built there then all the other parts are available. Why not a got to have green GT500 or even the Boss exclusive School Bus Yellow. Given its status as the top mustang there shouldn't be anything held back from it unless it lowers its performance.

Also, why do the stripe options have to be limited to matching the outside stripes to the seat stripes? The seats are prelate and the stripes are stickers it shouldn't matter what's installed. Why can't I have Deep impact Blue with black stripes on the outside and blue stripes on the seats? If I want blue stripes on black car white not? That combo looks better than blue on red.

Ford goes through all this "customize your ride" BS then limits your options. Just my 2€.

go to the ford site and build your own.. I think you can pick different options in the seats... the colors are understandable... and if you get base seats I'm guessing passenger is like 4 way... the backup camera gets me but i guess if it is the spoiler in the way then so be it

Lemers

Established Member
I've built plenty of GTs and GT500s. You actually have more choices on seats in the GT than the GT500. The GT500 only have base leather seats or RECAROs. The passenger seat in the GT500 doesn't have any electric motors for adjustments.
The backup cam, security package and appearance packages are unavailable in the GT500 as well.

finsrin

Established Member
>>> The passenger seat in the GT500 doesn't have any electric motors for adjustments. <<<
Is it manual up-down or only slides ?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Passenger seat slides forward or back and the back part goes forward or back....nothing else all manual....

Users who are viewing this thread