why not 20" on the front?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Man you post alot of strange threads.
Nobody will know the answer to your question besides Ford.
I do not beleive any Mustang from Ford (not tuner or aftermarket) has had 20" in the front.
-J

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
The 19's also provide for slightly quicker turn-in, due to being lighter weight, and smaller diameter.

Snoopy49

Established Member
The 19's also provide for slightly quicker turn-in, due to being lighter weight, and smaller diameter.

I do not understand why Ford decided to go with the 19/20 combo and then use tires that made the diameters almost the same, front to rear. Any weight savings would be negated by the heavier tire.
Maybe they just wanted more sidewall on the fronts?

huggytree

Established Member
Man you post alot of strange threads.
Nobody will know the answer to your question besides Ford.
I do not beleive any Mustang from Ford (not tuner or aftermarket) has had 20" in the front.
-J

Thank you!!!

i just found it odd...

many of my questions are because i own a SRT Challenger too....im comparing both of them and wondering why Dodge has 20"'s all around and the Ford doesnt

i figured it had something to do with cornering....and the Rake may have a bit to do with it too....

i know the camaro has different width rims front to back, but think they have 20's all around...

i like to ask the odd questions.....im sitting here reading the 200 posts this week about different mufflers and would like to learn something more than just what different exhaust pipes my car can have......lets expand the subject base!!!

thanks for the responses.....

Users who are viewing this thread