Why No SVO Forum?

snake it

I'm sure this has been discussed before but a search came up O.
I've owned my 04 Cobra since it was new and have been floating around this great site for just about as many years. I see there is a forum for just about anything ford produced that was performance oriented. However, I do not see a forum for the 1984 -86 Mustang SVO? Why? The SVO is considered the the Grand Daddy of everything SVT. I just picked up a 1985.5 SVO as my latest project and hadn't notice that SVT Performance didn't have a forum for the SVO until now. Just curious.
Thanks
Mike

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
If you build it they will come!:idea:

They have to draw the line somewhere. Although I share your enthusiasm, a section can't be made for all 'grand daddy' performance cars. If that would be the case we'd have a K-code section first. LOL followed by, 69-70 mach 1, boss, 65-66 SHelby, 67-68 SHelby, 69-70 Shelby, '84 GT350, 93 SE's...the list goes on.

snake it

They have to draw the line somewhere. Although I share your enthusiasm, a section can't be made for all 'grand daddy' performance cars. If that would be the case we'd have a K-code section first. LOL followed by, 69-70 mach 1, boss, 65-66 SHelby, 67-68 SHelby, 69-70 Shelby, '84 GT350, 93 SE's...the list goes on.

I don't mean to push the issue but I will ha ha. Everyone's responces are valid points but I just don't think they apply or shouldn't to the SVO. I do understand that you have to draw the line somewhere but as far as know the vehicles that you referenced had nothing to do with Ford Special Vehicle Operations / Team. I know you were just trying to make a point.
This wright up does a great job of explaining the history and how SVT came to be and it all started with the SVO mustang!
Mustang SVO Owners Association -- About the Mustang SVO

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I don't mean to push the issue but I will ha ha. Everyone's responces are valid points but I just don't think they apply or shouldn't to the SVO. I do understand that you have to draw the line somewhere but as far as know the vehicles that you referenced had nothing to do with Ford Special Vehicle Operations / Team. I know you were just trying to make a point.
This wright up does a great job of explaining the history and how SVT came to be and it all started with the SVO mustang!
Mustang SVO Owners Association -- About the Mustang SVO

I guess I should have been a tad more to the point. The K-Code Started it all. Shelby started the first 'performance' series of the mustang (outside of Ford in house). Lee Iococa (and his team) started the first in house performance series mustang with the Boss series. If the SVO 'team' started SVT, then we should go back to what started or was the driving force behind even the SVO team, then so on and so on. And that's why I said the line has to be drawn somewhere. And I understand your point is that no the SVO team is directly related to SVT. To that I say, I get you, but this site has more than just 'SVT', like 'the other fast fords' section, and the 'HD' section. Both of which have nothing to do with SVT.

It's opening up a potential can of worms and the line needs to be drawn somewhere. I personally have no issues with an SVO section. I don't see it a problem either way. I'm just expanding on the point of the potential it would create. If SVO gets added, who's to say someone won't cry about wanting a 'Boss' section, or an 84.5 GT350 section, etc.

I do admire your persistance. You never know unless you ask. Maybe put a poll in the 'general' section and see if other members would A)like it, B) dont' think so, or c) no mind either way.

Last edited:

snake it

I guess I should have been a tad more to the point. The K-Code Started it all. Shelby started the first 'performance' series of the mustang (outside of Ford in house). Lee Iococa (and his team) started the first in house performance series mustang with the Boss series. If the SVO 'team' started SVT, then we should go back to what started or was the driving force behind even the SVO team, then so on and so on. And that's why I said the line has to be drawn somewhere. And I understand your point is that no the SVO team is directly related to SVT. To that I say, I get you, but this site has more than just 'SVT', like 'the other fast fords' section, and the 'HD' section. Both of which have nothing to do with SVT.

It's opening up a potential can of worms and the line needs to be drawn somewhere. I personally have no issues with an SVO section. I don't see it a problem either way. I'm just expanding on the point of the potential it would create. If SVO gets added, who's to say someone won't cry about wanting a 'Boss' section, or an 84.5 GT350 section, etc.

I do admire your persistance. You never know unless you ask. Maybe put a poll in the 'general' section and see if other members would A)like it, B) dont' think so, or c) no mind either way.

LOL...Your probly right. I have an 85 SVO and an 04 Cobra. It would just be nice to visit one site for both cars. Plus this site is very popular and has a lot of members (a lot of good info) so if we had an SVO forum it would get former SVO owners and "floaters" and thus get more hits. The SVO specific sites get very little activity!
OK call me selfish :shrug:
And I do agree that the line has to be drawn somewhere.
I do believe THAT line should have be drawn somewhere before the "F150" Forum or the "Thunderbird" Forum.

Users who are viewing this thread