Why no Sonic Blue for '04?

Mr. Jack

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm new to the board. He's my situation...

I have a 2002 Black GT and am interested in trading in for an 03/04 Cobra. It looks like the 03 is a little more financially feasible than the 04, so I am looking for leftovers.

One of my favourite colours available for the Mustang is the ole sonic blue. My dealer tells me that there is only ONE left in Canada for sale. I think I might scoop it up.

My question is this: Why did Ford discontinue this colour for 04? It doesn't really make a lot of sense to me because now Ford has no blue colour for the Cobra's.

This has probably been covered before but the search function is not working.

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
thats what im saying, i think its the best color, and im sure alot of others do to. y would they stop making it??:cuss:

lethal

Established Member
The color palette of the cars has nothing to do with the model or year of the car. Ford routinely mixes up car colors, they simply decided not to offer the 04 in Sonic Blue. I'm not sure, they may have dropped the color all together .... I got mine tho =)

John

OLD FART

Established Member
I wanted blue, but settled for a white 04

Sales guy said they did away with it so it wouldn't
compete as heavily with Mystichrome.

No doubt a correct assumption on Ford's part.

99cobraclone

Established Member
I like the sonic blue, its my second favorite color after the one to my left :)

Once you own a yellow car you can't go back though. I am obsessed with this color and it has ruined me, lol. I wish I could just own another color, sonic blue would probably be my choice if I wasn't getting a screaming yellow one.

Hey Mr. Jack is it weird to see O's without U's after it? I always wondered this, I know as an American it was strange for me to read Canadian English and British English. I'm curiOUs, hehehe.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Welcome aboard

Why no Sonic Blue for 04 you ask?

To make mine more rare:lol: :lol: :beer: :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread