Why is this forum called "The Terminator"?

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
That was the code name during the design and build of the Cobra. If you look at the stickers on the car (Bumper stickers and I think my door sticker has it) they say terminator on it. So do the build sheets..

Eric

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
You mean you don't have a Terminator build tag?

console.gif

lol just kidding .. that's aftermarket! but yeah, was supposed to be the Mustang Terminator, I remember seeing a spy photo of our car in a 2001-2002 popular mechanics magazine. They couldn't get the rights to the name, so they stuck with Cobra.

simpman

game artist
Established Member
It was always supposed to be a Cobra. The Terminator was the code name used for it during production because it terminated all the competition.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I had read in Popular Mechanics that it was the "Ford Mustang Terminator" ... but you could be right. maybe it was just a codename. Would have been cool if it said TERMINATOR instead of Cobra on the back ... probably would have raised the pricetag, too!

Originally posted by simpman
It was always supposed to be a Cobra. The Terminator was the code name used for it during production because it terminated all the competition.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Someone posted pics of our motors in the crates at assembly once. The boxes all had "Terminator Powerplant" painted on them. Build tags on 03/04 body panels, build sheets, etc all have Terminator on them. It was fords inside codename for it (kinda like F60 was for the Enzo at Ferrari).

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Yup, when we(MCT) toured Dearborn Assembly, there were many part crates labeled "Terminator". We got some pics somewhere....

Users who are viewing this thread