Why is there no Airaid Cai for the 1999-2003 cobras!?

likuid_inc

Established Member
Been searching for the best CAI, there are thousands of threads! I have a drop in K&N filter with the snorkel cut off. But the air is not being sucked out from the fender well with the current set up. I love this look, but might have to customize a few CAIs or just fabricate plastic for this look and set up. Any idea to why Airaid never made this kit for the cobras? I dont really want the JLT RAI 52102.jpg

likuid_inc

Established Member
This is the filter kit for the GT, Which as we know will not fit Cobra throttle bodies. I think this is the best looking set up.. Hands down

01yellercobra

Established Member
Someone did some tests a long time ago comparing the short intakes versus the ones in the fender. Once the car was moving the temps between the two areas was negligible.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
If you really wanted to, you could swap the coupler to the TB and it would probably work. There are circle to oval silicon couplers. You'd just need the right size.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I have this one from K&N. Did some research and it seems like the stock elbow is as good as the aftermarket ones. Had a JLT RAI but changed to this when I did my Eaton swap. Looks clean and fits good.

Car.jpg

likuid_inc

Established Member
Yeah i know I can piece one together, but for the price they are going for it doesnt make sense to do all that work just for a few HP. The K&N is one of the few that will pass the smog test in CA.. and yeah it does look clean olgreydog! Ive been looking for a used Airaid for the GT for 50 bucks so I can disect it and frankenstein a custom intake. I know the CAI and RAI threads are beaten too many times on the forums, but I appreciate all of the feedback. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread