Why Is The Mach 1 Section Always Dead?

bigdawg77

Need New hotrod
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
:lol: I would have laughed uncontrolably until I passed out...

As you should have.
I think the Mach 1 will be a sound upgrade for her now the question is "I am I brave enough to teach her to drive a 5-speed".

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
bigdawg77 said:
As you should have.
I think the Mach 1 will be a sound upgrade for her now the question is "I am I brave enough to teach her to drive a 5-speed".

HAHAHA! The Z28 and C5 were autos!? It's not that hard to learn if you have a good teacher... I had a shitty teacher and still learned, but now I'm the good teacher.

The trick is having the beginner not touch the gas while trying to move forward out of 1st gear; that's usually the hardest part of learning. It's all about clutch control. Tell them to put it into first gear and very, very slowly begin to release the clutch. Mind you this should be in a flat and empty parking lot. Once they're moving, have them slowly accelerate and switch gears once the occasion calls for it. Make sure to explain that the clutch needs to be pushed in all the way in order to switch gears fluidly and avoid damage to the transmission.

Try to teach her on a car with less torque then the Mach 1. LOL Maybe a Civic, Focus, etc... She'll get it soon enough. She probably really won't get used to it until she's driving stick every day though. And try not to get frustrated... It breaks down their confidence and takes away from their concentration.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
TheBlkMach1 said:
Just having fun, but yes, i would consider my Mach pretty fast and a run against a TT Mach would be fun. If you do some searching you could probably find a vid or 2 of my car. :-D

BTW, i'm just having some fun. It's nothing serious to me. I've always noticed that nothing seems to "liven" up a forum than some shit talking!!! :beer:

LOL We're all just having some fun! No hard feelings in these parts!!! What do you have done to your Mach 1? Links to videos please!? :D

bigdawg77

Need New hotrod
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
HAHAHA! The Z28 and C5 were autos!? It's not that hard to learn if you have a good teacher... I had a shitty teacher and still learned, but now I'm the good teacher.

The trick is having the beginner not touch the gas while trying to move forward out of 1st gear; that's usually the hardest part of learning. It's all about clutch control. Tell them to put it into first gear and very, very slowly begin to release the clutch. Mind you this should be in a flat and empty parking lot. Once they're moving, have them slowly accelerate and switch gears once the occasion calls for it. Make sure to explain that the clutch needs to be pushed in all the way in order to switch gears fluidly and avoid damage to the transmission.

Try to teach her on a car with less torque then the Mach 1. LOL Maybe a Civic, Focus, etc... She'll get it soon enough. She probably really won't get used to it until she's driving stick every day though. And try not to get frustrated... It breaks down their confidence and takes away from their concentration.

Yea the Z28 was my moms and I took it over and the C5 was an auto because I got in from my uncle and the dealership he worked at only had the auto C5 or a 04 Z06 which was like 45,000 still so I took what I could afford, 3 weeks later I hated myself.

TheBlkMach1

Leroy is back.
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
LOL We're all just having some fun! No hard feelings in these parts!!! What do you have done to your Mach 1? Links to videos please!? :D
Here's a quick link to some pics and some vids (at the bottom) i just posted in the Pics section. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5273714&postcount=46

And here is a vid of me bogging on my old D1 setup. Not sure what the new setup will run since i haven't ran it yet(too hot!!!), but it's definitely faster. http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/jacobc72/?action=view&current=theblackmach1.flv

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
TheBlkMach1 said:
And here is a vid of me bogging on my old D1 setup. Not sure what the new setup will run since i haven't ran it yet(too hot!!!), but it's definitely faster.

yeah the F1 is no joke! I've always enjoyed watching your car race :beer:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
TheBlkMach1 said:
Here's a quick link to some pics and some vids (at the bottom) i just posted in the Pics section. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5273714&postcount=46

And here is a vid of me bogging on my old D1 setup. Not sure what the new setup will run since i haven't ran it yet(too hot!!!), but it's definitely faster. http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/jacobc72/?action=view&current=theblackmach1.flv

Holy space balls, batman! That's a fast damn Mach 1 you've got there!!! :eek:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
TheBlkMach1 said:

Stop lying....it's slow. My 98 contour would give it a run for it's money.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
swervo said:
Hey SOS, how ya likin your twins? Have you got to drive it yet?

I love it! The darn thing spins in 2nd with my DRs. I just now fixed an oil blow-by problem with some restrictors so I've only begun to really DRIVE it. over the next week I'll be getting some good footage to make a comp, so start looking for it in a couple weeks. :beer:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
speedofsound said:
I love it! The darn thing spins in 2nd with my DRs. I just now fixed an oil blow-by problem with some restrictors so I've only begun to really DRIVE it. over the next week I'll be getting some good footage to make a comp, so start looking for it in a couple weeks. :beer:

Absolutely! :banana:

swervo

Established Member
speedofsound said:

Cool man. I jut bought some oil restrictors for mine and should be putting them on this Friday. Hope they work.

TheBlkMach1

Leroy is back.
Established Member
speedofsound said:
yeah the F1 is no joke! I've always enjoyed watching your car race :beer:
Thanks!! I actually went to the track a few weeks back on a whim. Kinda got there a little late so i let my car cool down for a few hours because i knew i would only get 1 run in. I got in line and a few minutes later it started to rain and i haven't been back since. I just wanted to get an idea of how the F1 would run. I'm not expecting much since the DA is pretty much always 2000+ here, but i'd like a ballpark estimate. Hopefully i'll get back soon.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
swervo said:
Cool man. I jut bought some oil restrictors for mine and should be putting them on this Friday. Hope they work.

Function7? Mine are -4an with a 1.6mm opening. DO NOT follow their torque specs, you'll strip the threads in the turbo and be screwed for a long while. I'd go to about 15ft-lbs (they call out 38ft-lbs!).

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
TheBlkMach1 said:
Countour SVT??? Should be pretty close. :beer: :thumbsup:
Heck NO....that C is too slow. I have the top of the line......

98 Contour GL 4-cyl. 5-spd with the 'SPORT' option. :lol:

swervo

Established Member
speedofsound said:
Function7? Mine are -4an with a 1.6mm opening. DO NOT follow their torque specs, you'll strip the threads in the turbo and be screwed for a long while. I'd go to about 15ft-lbs (they call out 38ft-lbs!).

Those are the one's I have. Thanks for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread