why is shifting so hard?

SONICSNAKE03

Established Member
welli dont wanna blow the money on a new clutch if i dont have too. but i am gonna need one here eventually anyways. but id rather get my pulley put on and get it retuned instead. does everyone agree that the clutch is most likely the problem?

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
topless10th said:
all you need is a firewall adjuster kit and maybe a quadrant, not a clutch.

Agreed. Give the UPR firewall adjuster and clutch quadrant in my sig a try. Only $50 total for both parts and you'll be happy you got them anyways :beer:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
I have trouble rowing through the gears sometime also and have heard about the firewall adjuster and quadrant. Will I have any warranty issues with these parts. I started to mod and have been trying to steer clear of getting my waranty voided!

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
firemanmike said:
I have trouble rowing through the gears sometime also and have heard about the firewall adjuster and quadrant. Will I have any warranty issues with these parts. I started to mod and have been trying to steer clear of getting my waranty voided!

I had my car in for the TOB issue, and a clutch issue while both of these parts were on. The firewall adjuster is the only significantly visible part of the combination and if a dealership sees it they'll be curious. They complained about it, and said that "they had a hell of a time figuring out how to adjust it" (they could have just called me) but they warrantied everything and it worked out fine.

I'd say you should be fine. Any dealership worth their beans knows that these two specific parts couldn't cause anything to go bad prematurely. In fact, they only prevent problems, assuming their adjusted properly. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread