Why is Magnaflow so much cheaper than others?

jpk

Established Member
Anyone know how Magnaflow stainless steel kits differ from Borla or Bassani? Their pricess are way cheaper than the other two, and seem to have similar design. Is their contruction quality bad or is the steel inferior? Or do they just have better facilities and can produce more at a lower price?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
They sell the shit out of them, that is why. Magnaflow quality and materials are second to none. Buy them without hesitation.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Vox said:
Borla must be making a 2000% profit off there stuff. 600 bucks for a catback? :p

Magnaflow's list price for their 03/04 Cobra catback is $646.87...

there are better exhaust systems out there, made with higher grade & quality of SS but as postban says, the value is immense

I paid $320 for mine and did need to have a couple sloppy fitting joints expanded at a local shop but I'm still happy with it

Last edited:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Magnaflow is the shyt! Borla and Bassani makes their CB's out of denser stainless steel though but stainless is stainless in my book. :rockon:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Magnaflow cat-backs are clearly the best bang for the buck. If they would improve a couple of things, they could sell even more of them!

First, they need to ditch the u-bolt clamps and step up to some stainless band clamps like Borla uses. Not a big deal, but I wonder why they build a mandrel bent stainless exhaust and then give you AutoZone muffler clamps to hold it all together?

Secondly, they need to upgrade their tips to 4" rolled angle-cut (like Borlas). And someone needs to tell them that their tips aren't cut at the correct angle. Their tips almost look like straight pipes coming out the back.

I will agree that the Borla systems selling for $700+, somebody is making a couple of dollars in profit. :p

Fallguy

Established Member
My Magnaflow for my GT came with nice banded clamps, I was totally impressed with that. The fit and finish were perfect IMO. As far as the tip's go they were ok for you run of the mill slash cut's....nothing real special.

I've have yet to buy an exhaust for my 03 Cobra. I wanted to get the Borla 14858 but it's no where to be found. Not sure if I'll wait for it to go into production or go Magna instead. I would really like to try the Borla, it suck's that it's so much more expensive than the Magna's.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
My 98 Cobra had a m/f c/b and I loved it. People suggested "go with something different" on this one so I did. Kind of sorry actually. I have a very similar sound IMO to what my last car had but I paid double the price. I also have a problem with needing to continuously adjust my c/b because it rattles freely but the m/f c/b on my last one never did. If I had to buy over again it would be the maggies. Go for it!

nugen

Established Member
I love my Magnaflows! It's a great exhaust system, period. Free flowing, and quiet enough to carry a conversation or enjoy the radio on a road trip. Nevertheless, when you stomp on the loud pedal, people will definitely know you're coming.

RiffRaff04

Established Member
I love my maggie cat-back and x-pipe. Talk to nino at ninosport, hes a good guy and will give a great price. Got mine for about $400 (cant remember exactly)

StangJason

Established Member
Join the stangnet.com forum and get both the catted x-pipe and catback for $400 each shipped. Oh and they are from partshoppers.com. I have also heard that completeexhaust.com sales them for $349.xx plus shipping I'm guessing.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Fallguy said:
...snip... I would really like to try the Borla, it suck's that it's so much more expensive than the Magna's.

the sound is very similar, I have heard them side by side with catted x's

I have had Stingers, Bassani and Magnaflow catbacks. Magnaflow is on it now, stingers were ass (with catted x) and Bassani's sound similar to Magnaflow.

Magnaflows are the best choice to me.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I had gotten my Magnaflow CB from John @ www.completeexhaust.com for $330 shipped. This was August of last year though. I bought my Stingers for $300 w/ about 2k miles on it. If I hadn't gotten that deal on the Stingers I would've stayed with the Maggies. Even though I don't have it anymore it's still my favorite.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread