Why I will not do business ever again with Steeda

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Sorry if this is not the right section.

I am only going to state facts and let everyone know what ive been though the last week trying to buy and get and install the steeda cold air intake ...

Steeda ProFlow Mustang Cold Air Intake - Tune Required (15-16 GT) ordered 03/16/2016, 02:50 PM and received Fri 3/18/2016 11:36 am

Steeda S550 ProFlow CAI Restrictor, No tune required (15-16 GT) ordered 03/18/2016, 07:59 PM and received today 3/25/16

First issue is I noticed by Tuesday tracking info for the restriction piece was showing no data on USPS. I called Steeda and the rep assured me it had gone out Monday and should be delivered by Wednesday. So I waited until Wednesday morning and checked the tracking. Still no tracking data at all.

I called Steeda back around 0900 and was assured a second time the part was sent out Monday and should be there that day. To wait a few hours and check the tracking data again. I waited till that afternoon and still no tracking data.

Called back a third time and was placed on hold until the rep came back and stated the part was never sent in the first place because USPS had a full truck on Tuesday and could not take it. Even though I was told twice it was sent out on Monday. Rep stated it would be sent out that day Wednesday.

Today the Restrictor tube arrived. I went to insert the piece and noticed it was somewhat of a snug fit however assumed this was normal. There was no instruction sheet stating there needed to be any sort of lubrication. The piece continued to go in until such a point it is now stuck.

I called Steeda, and not in the best of moods so I was not exactly agreeable however I did not curse (that i can remember) or excessively raise my voice. I was basically given the run around and pointed to the instruction for the CAI that stated the restrictor piece MAY (NOT REQUIRED) have lube applied to help. I insisted I am not willing to try and remove it due to damaging the piece further and was told even if I did it would not effect performance. This is not an acceptable answer to me for something I paid $400 for. Not to mention being a prior Steeda customer.

I fear trying to remove it any further will result in damage. I have already managed to accidentally make a few marks trying. Both on the restrictor and maf housing at the filter end, inside. I am worried this will effect the MAF reading so in all I am left with a $400 CAI I cannot use.

Steeda has basically given me the run around and tried to imply several times during my call that it was MY fault for not using lube on the orings. Even going so far as to say it was my fault for not buying the no tune version because that comes pre-assembled.

Was it the smartest thing ever for me to not use any lube? I dont know as I was only going off the fact the instructions only had a small side note saying *MAY* want to add some. Not that I needed to for installation. That it would be so tight it would get stuck. Here is the excerpt:

"Note: It may help to add
light lubrication to the o-rings, before installing into the mass
air flow sensor housing."

After being lied to twice and now this poor customer service I am done with Steeda.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
When you didn't have the instructions, you should have stopped right there and called them. Granted, they have dropped the ball on making sure that's in there (and all that rambling about shipping even though you got it in a reasonable time) but you should have stopped and got instructions immediately. Unless you've done it before and know what you're doing.

Marks on it (or in it) won't affect it's function. Unless those marks are cracks.

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Established Member
Hello Guy,

First off - I want to apologize for the issues that you have experienced with the Steeda CAI, I feel your frustration when your order something, expect it to arrive & then have issues with the installation.

Would you mind sending me an email with your contact info, whom you spoke with on the phone & this write-up?

Let me see what I can do with my management team - I would like to be able to dissect & review both sides of what happened here.

Best Regards,

TJ

Last edited:

Zodiac

Established Member
Hello Guy,

First off - I want to apologize for the issues that you have experienced with the Steeda CAI, I feel your frustration when your order something, expect it to arrive & then have issues with the installation.

Would you mind sending me an email with your contact info, whom you spoke with on the phone & this write-up?

Let me see what I can do with my management team - I would like to be able to dissect & review both sides of what happened here.

Best Regards,

TJ

Don't waste your time. David on 6g tried to help this guy out and he doesn't want it.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1172238&postcount=32

I got no problem with calling out a vendor or seller when there is a legitimate issue, but he offered to resolve it and you continued to carry on. Accept the offer and move on.

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Established Member

tj@steeda

Established Member
The CAI may have shipped from Pompano ... May have only had the tune required CAI onsite so we shipped a tube from Valdosta ... Only speculating.

TJ

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
theres no pleasing some people, OP is apparently one of them.

Would I be annoyed about the situation? ya, somewhat...but Steeda appears to have been more than accommodating to make it right.

the scratches inside the tube arent likely to be a problem at all and theyve offered to replace it anyway.

whatsup62

Established Member
Normally i don't post on these kind of things but couldn't help myself this time.
First the fact that you posted facts only is a great way to form an opinion, good job.
Secondly I can understand the frustration of the shipping issue, I'm guessing we have all been there at one time or another.
The next two points I have to say you are being a little OCD. If you work on cars at all (i'm assuming you do since you own a mustang) then common sense goes a long way. Lube it, test fit it gently, scuff and sand if needed, but don't just jam something in there, especially if there are no instructions. I usually try to research stuff before I start any installation. This part is YOUR fault , not Steeda. Guess what, I have past issues with Steeda as well. I contacted them through IM's and they resolved my issue to my satisfaction.
Why not trying that before calling a vendor out for all to see? That's just being a DICK in my opinion. Sounds like they are willing to fix this for you. Oh...and by the way I have done business with them since my issue and have had no problems of any kind.

Zemedici

Established Member

MKMotorsport

Established Member
USPS tracking is poor at best, that is not directly anyone's fault.

Lube was recommended and not used, user error.

User marred up part installing it incorrectly, user error.

Vendor has bent over backwards to appease user, check. Props to Steeda all around!!

Claiming the part is now unusable because of a few nicks that could be buffed/sanded/polished out, delusional.

I read a bit on the other forum, that was funny. User claims cannot afford rubber mallet (but can afford a 15/16 Mustang & parts to modify it!)- hilarious, they are like $2 at harbor freight....

gt347mustang

Established Member
USPS tracking is poor at best, that is not directly anyone's fault.

Lube was recommended and not used, user error.

User marred up part installing it incorrectly, user error.

Vendor has bent over backwards to appease user, check. Props to Steeda all around!!

Claiming the part is now unusable beca

use of a few nicks that could be buffed/sanded/polished out, delusional.

I read a bit on the other forum, that was funny. User claims cannot afford rubber mallet (but can afford a 15/16 Mustang & parts to modify it!)- hilarious, they are like $2 at harbor freight....

Agreed. Op shouldn't touch his car and go back to his v6 mustang
2620174-4649152632-backf.gif

Last edited:

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Shipping confusion so a part took A WHOLE WEEK to show up (!!!), and they weren't sure what to tell you after you jammed some parts together without lube and got them stuck?

How dare you, Steeda, how dare you.

M91196

Established Member
Good thing all these Cheetos eating cellar dwellers didn't live before the Internet and click to track.
It usually took at least a week to get stuff and you couldn't check on it every 5 minutes. All about me me me now now now.
Oh I have been wronged because it took 2 extra days and they "lied" to me. STFU

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Yeah I fixed the issue myself and apologized to David. I forgot to update this thread.

Last edited:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
OP sounds like a whiney bitch. I've never called a vendor 4 times, let alone in a few days over 1 purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread