Why I have the BEST wife ... Non-SVT Performance

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
So, earlier this year, the wife approved the purchase of another toy car, when I got my CTS-V. Well, I managed to find a Evo RS prepped exactly how I wanted, with all the mods to be a fun track toy, and she surprised me today, by helping me get it. I will have to eventually have to decide what to do with the Caddy and M3, but overall, I am very happy being a super mini-Treynor ... on such a much smaller scale. :) .. I now own every car I have ever loved, CTS-V for luxury (US luxury), Evo for hard-nose track performance, and E36 M3, one of my first loves. Not to say I don't like a lot more, but these were always near and dear to me. I hope to pickup the car tomorrow, and I will get better pics ... Seller was a super-nice guy ... and had a lot of cool toys as well.

Specs on Car ..

2004 Evo RS
40k Miles
Muellerized Suspension
HKS Cams
FP Green
Magnus Intake
3in exhaust
rolled fenders w/ 275s
~380whp (conservative tune)

Coming Soon -
AMS Exhaust
AMS Downpipe
Custom Tune
Relocate Battery
Interior 'fixes'
Minor body work / splitter

Pics below ....

o28w.jpg

6du8.jpg

Last edited:

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Nice! Evos a very well rounded cars. I had a IX MR with a FP black an it made 480whp on only 25psi before running into fueling issues. It made 416whp on 91 though. Good luck with it OP :beer:

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
she gotta sister?

No, but based on your avatar, you might like her brother .... :) ... Kidding ... thanks for the comments ...

However, I think I have found why she let me get the Evo ... as this is what has been happening a lot lately ... sadly ... it will be a while before I can hold her off in the V, should we ever end up side by side ...

wl2c.jpg

Last edited:

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
She looks great! The low miles just make it that much sweeter. Never really appreciated what evos could do until you start really spending time around them. Thats a fun car for sure.

va boy

Established Member
Never been in an Evo, don't really know much about them. However, I love cars in general and that looks to be a really fun little car. Ill bet it drives like its on rails, am I right?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
the wheels bug me, too much poke and stance. go back to some stockers with good rubber.

other than that looks to be good to go. congrats.

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
Mmmm but dat V doe........

Yeah, and when she's driving it, she gets all the looks .... I have to tint the windows so she won't get so many stares ...

Never been in an Evo, don't really know much about them. However, I love cars in general and that looks to be a really fun little car. Ill bet it drives like its on rails, am I right?

Yes, the car has been custom corner-weighted and is on coil-overs with other turn goodies.

Good ole' Gastonia.

Yes .. but I now live in Lincolnton ... which may be better or worse.

the wheels bug me, too much poke and stance. go back to some stockers with good rubber. other than that looks to be good to go. congrats.

I am not a fan of the rims, but they are 8.5 wide, and have 275's. I am getting the stockers too, so I will have tires for the wet too (for track days).

TClark22

Established Member
I for some reason don't like evos without the dumbass bench wing. But nice collection

kaz109

Established Member
Congtats man I am a huge evo fan. Best platform to work with in the 4cyl world is a 4g63 motor IMO . Funny about your wife staying in the V now, my trick to keeping my wife from driving mine was buying an auto lol..... she doesn't like auto cars . That's a good balance of cars between the evo and the V you have .

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
Congtats man I am a huge evo fan. Best platform to work with in the 4cyl world is a 4g63 motor IMO . Funny about your wife staying in the V now, my trick to keeping my wife from driving mine was buying an auto lol..... she doesn't like auto cars . That's a good balance of cars between the evo and the V you have .

My wife likes the V, and can't drive a stick (can but won't), but the V is an auto, so she likes tootling around when she doesn't have the little ones. Personally, I find nothing sexier than when she drives the V. I can't wait to randomly see her rolling through ... she becomes that hot mom in the cool ass Caddy.

Users who are viewing this thread