why does my clutch pedal kick back

supercharged680

Established Member
I just picked up my car from the dealer, after 2 months of fixing the 3rd gear synchro , so i did a 2-3 3-4 shift at wot.. the clutch kicks back hard on the 2-3 shift only, but not on the 3-4 :bored:

i have a clutch line and the helper spring is still on.. should i try installing the line and remove the helper spring? maybe it'll go away?

Thanks.

acrbill

Established Member
what do you mean it kicks back hard? When I had trouble with my clutch pedal sticking it would pop back up and slap my foot.

01bluesnake

Established Member
What do you mean floor the clutch? Depressing the clutch pedal, pushing it to the floor? So you push in the clutch to shift and when you do it kicks back at your foot? The pedal or hydraulic system doesn't really have a way to kick the pedal back up at you. If you are referring to the clutch pedal sticking to the floor at high rpm, then pops back up, that is more common. What rpm are you trying to shift the car at? I've seen it where even on a stock tune, if you shift at redline it starts to act up.

MoonRider

Established Member
ill try my best explaining this.. so i floor the clutch, shift to 3rd.. and as soon as i do, the clutch pops right back up hard pushing my foot off of the pedal

I figured out they like to be toe shifted if you just push it to the floor then it will stick to the floor then it does have a little kick back to it

supercharged680

Established Member
maybe it sticks as soon as i get into the high rpm range, but comes back up after i shift to 3rd.. im going to try removing the helper spring and install the clutch line. i hope the dealer fixed the transmission right.. they worry me when they couldn't make my cruiser control work on my new steering wheel lol..

supercharged680

Established Member
the thing is i won't be able to find out.. i mean the car drives really well cruising around.. i haven't done 1-2 shift cause my tires are almost worn out.. 3-4 shift is spot on no problems its just the 2-3 when i get the really weird pedal feel.

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
This does NOTHING. Ask me how I know. I take that back. All it does do is make the clutch harder to push in and less linear. I would never do that again.

well i have 120+ passes on my car the pedal use to stick to the floor between wot 1-2 and 2-3 shift... i took the spring off and it hasnt did it again. so it must do something, no need to be a smart ass

well i have 120+ passes on my car the pedal use to stick to the floor between wot 1-2 and 2-3 shift... i took the spring off and it hasnt did it again. so it must do something, no need to be a smart ass

Sorry my friend, but my 2011 GTCS I had, did the same thing pre and post spring removal. As a matter of fact, I did the spring removal at the track and also did a ton of fluid swaps on the clutch/braking system at the same time. No change. That pedal would stick so bad, then pop up so hard and almost break my shin. I was on the AED drag tune trying to shift at 7k not past it. I had to short shift at the 6800 level to get a clean pass. And I had maybe 30 passes on that car before I traded out of it. The helper spring was the second thing I tried. The fluid swap was the first. I never did the JHR clutch line, but just the spring alone did not change anything accept make the pedal heavy as hell to push in. And its not smartass Im being, just smart.

turd burglar

Established Member
It doesn't make the pedal very heavy at all unless maybe you have a peg leg and any sort of physical movement is difficult.

It doesn't make the pedal very heavy at all unless maybe you have a peg leg and any sort of physical movement is difficult.

Dont try to turn this around on me or make it personal. There is a very noticeable increase in pedal effort when the "HELPER" spring removed. Its like the terminator used to be. Its there. Dont try to sugar coat it.

Users who are viewing this thread