why does my car stall ... please help

87Grim_Reaper5.

ok i have an 87 mustang gt and i got it about 3 months ago and all i have done to it was put a new trans in and a new fuel pump and new spark plugs ... the guy i got it from said there is and aftermarket cam in it but he had no clue what kind ... so my problem is i start to drive and and i come to a stop and its got a rough idle and then on my dash shows my battery gauge goes down and so does my oil and then the car shuts off or stalls ... my maf is craked where the wires connect (there is no air leaking) also ... i am not sure if that is the problem can some one please help ... also sometimes when i am driving and i get on the gas the car doesnt respond like the engine keeps running but it has no response to the throtle and kinda coast ... this happened and i thought it was the fuel pump so i replaced it and 2 days later it happened again ... i have no clue what is worng can some one please help cause i have no idea ... thanks

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
The 87 cars were Speed Density, so the MAF on your car can't be stock.

EDIT: This probably has something to do with your problem..

Last edited:

87Grim_Reaper5.

gotcha well i know i have a MAF i just dont know what size it is .... my car doesnt work any more ... i was driving around and i went in to a store and came back and my car was acting up ... it would start but then would have a rough idle and then it would shut off and when i tried to give it gas it wouldnt respond to anything and then shut off

Users who are viewing this thread