Why do you drink Bottled Water?

Why do you drink Bottled Water? (Compared to Tap Water.)

• Taste

Votes: 83 24.2%
  • Health Reasons

Votes: 49 14.3%
  • Convenience

Votes: 141 41.1%
  • Price

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • I Don't Drink Bottled Water.

Votes: 68 19.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
So I'm doing a short paper on Bottled water, and just wanted to get opinions from people in other parts of the country. This is just a quick, one answer survey just to get an idea about why people drink bottled water.

Keep in mind, that this all is compared to tap water. So if the question asks "Why do you drink bottled water" and you answer "price", that would mean that you feel bottled water is cheaper than tap water. Or if you answer health benefits, if mean you think bottled water is more healthy than tap.

If you want to explain your answer at all, please feel free and thanks for your help in advance.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Because San Antonio water makes me sick. I doesn't taste too bad, but it is extremely hard.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I checked health, when I drink bottled water it has no taste and that's how it should be, unlike a lot of tap water. But who knows, there will probably be a study that says bottled water has more chemicals and bacteria than tap water.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Taste, I hate the city water here at school. But at home, the well water is just fine with me.

jf4boogie

Established Member
Convenience + health for me.

It's more convenient to grab a bottle at the 711 than carrying around a gallon jug you filled up at home (via brita filter)....and sodas and 90% of the other shit in the coolers are bad news for your body

WVUAnt

Lets Go!!.....
Established Member
Too lazy to walk across the plant to get H2O from the fountain. I do fill up empties most of the time. I drink gallons of water to keep the kidney stones away.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Taste for me up here. The water in the County I live in is horrible. Its harder than Florida's water.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
No but 60 minutes did a study that long term bottled water drinking will lead to tooth deterioration because it doesn't have fluoride.

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
I drank the tap water in Green Bay. I actually feel bad giving my dogs the tap water here in Vegas. I think they lick their ass to get rid of the taste after drinking it.

VPF

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The water in KY was OK and it is very good here in Germany, especially after it has been fermenting barley, sugar, and hops

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Mainly taste. We have a filter thing at home that cures some of it, but I hate the funky taste alot of tap water has. Certain bottled waters like Fiji are very neutral.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Health, Taste, And Convenience! (I don't think anyone wants to take a glass or cup of water out of their house)

untitled3.gif

For The Win!

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
definitly conveniance if i am at work or something. i dont want to walk to the water fountain all day so i just buy a 50 cent bottle of water. however at home i generally just use tap water and fill up existing bottles that i have, and put them in the refrigerator to drink later. I never buy bottled water for use at home (waste of money).

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Thanks everyone. This is some good stuff. Keep it up!

Just a few notes, some bottled water is worse than stuff out of the tap, so make sure you do the research. It may make you feel better because it's out of a bottle, but it can have more bacteria and harsh minerals than your regular tap water.

Second, if you drink water that's bottled in the state in which you live, be very careful. There is little if any regulation on water bottled in the same state as it is sold. It's though that they are bottling the tap water, so it must be fine, but sitting in a bottle it can grow lots of funky stuff.

Third, if you use a filter at home, be sure to change it more than regularaly. That little red light on the brita at the tap aren't 100% accurate. Just do a test.. Next time it goes red, take off the filter, shake it a bit and put it back on and run water though it. That green light will come back. I've cracked open old filters, and they are just nasty.

Lastly, and maybe most importantly, if you fill old bottles up without washing them, you're asking for disease. Those old bottles are festering with more bacteria than your toilet in many cases.

Users who are viewing this thread