Why do people have to hate cars?

ich1baN

Established Member
It really is too hard to convince people that there other fast cars out there other than Veyrons, Porsche's, Lambo's, and Ferrari's. Ill tell them how reliable a 4.6 motor is then they will tell me those motors cant go about 800 hp. Then I said BS and showed them a vid. I dont know why there are some people that just hate mustangs and cant see them as fast? Why do people have to hate, they just cant appreciate the fact, that someone put their blood and sweat into it, for their enjoyment. I mean what better feeling is there, when you can buy a car for the fraction of the price of a Veyron and then build it yourself and make it faster. Maybe Im just ranting on but, I was just wondering if anyone else has run into these types of people lately that just think they know the best cars in the world can only be over 1 million dollars.

JD_2001_svt

Established Member
ich1baN said:
It really is too hard to convince people that there other fast cars out there other than Veyrons, Porsche's, Lambo's, and Ferrari's. Ill tell them how reliable a 4.6 motor is then they will tell me those motors cant go about 800 hp. Then I said BS and showed them a vid. I dont know why there are some people that just hate mustangs and cant see them as fast? Why do people have to hate, they just cant appreciate the fact, that someone put their blood and sweat into it, for their enjoyment. I mean what better feeling is there, when you can buy a car for the fraction of the price of a Veyron and then build it yourself and make it faster. Maybe Im just ranting on but, I was just wondering if anyone else has run into these types of people lately that just think they know the best cars in the world can only be over 1 million dollars.

Hell I don't know man. Probably the bullshyt rap video/MTV culture. It's all about what costs the most. Stangs are a poor man's car; not cool among youngsters these days.

matchb0x

I'm a grown ass man!
Established Member
Back in the states aka 'the land of liberals'
I think most of us are hypocrites on this subject. I mean, how many of us hate ricers? Why? Are they not doing to their cars what is cool to them just like us? It goes both ways.

Ultimately, who cares? Do you like your car? It's yours, you pay for it and maintain it and only you should have to like it. Anyone else who likes it is bonus and any who may hate it dont matter anyways.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Most people that think like that don't actually know a damn thing about cars.

But the same thing could be said about old school guys that don't think you can make good power out of a 4 or 6 cyl. engine...

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
ich1baN said:
I mean what better feeling is there, when you can buy a car for the fraction of the price of a Veyron and then build it yourself and make it faster.

there is a much better feeling. Its the feeling that occurs when you know that you can easily afford a veyron.

By making comments like the one you just did, you come off looking a touch stupid, and a whole lotta jealous.

No mustang ever built will be even a 10th of the car that the bugatti is. Sure a mustang can have 1000bhp, but it will not handle like a bugatti, be as useable as the bugatti, be as comfortable, have as nice of an interior, be as reliable, etc etc.

Face it, mustangs are cheaply built cars with the potential to have some power. They don't handle really well, and they lack tons of creature comforts. To some people, that doesn't matter. To others, they care more about how the car feels, how it handles, and how nice the interior is, versus whether it could handle 20psi on the stock motor.

Im becoming more like the second person everyday.

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
I agree with quadcammer. Not trying to be an ass, but I dont think you can build a Mustang to run into the 230 something MPH range in street trim. Let alone build a mustang that can run into 11's without everything rattling and falling apart on you.

blinelaxd27

Established Member
Monday said:
I agree with quadcammer. Not trying to be an ass, but I dont think you can build a Mustang to run into the 230 something MPH range in street trim. Let alone build a mustang that can run into 11's without everything rattling and falling apart on you.

ummm :bs: i haven't seen many 03/04 cobras fall apart at the track... and a pulley and minor bolt ons gets them in the 11s... now running 230mph+ would be very difficult... but there is a handful of cars in the world that can do that so your point is retarded... even a C6Z06 tops out around 198. :burnout: also a gt500 with drag radials can touch 11.9

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
ich1baN said:

If they want to argue the 4.6L point, show them the CCX, it is based off the 4.6 mod motor.
I would much rather spend a million on a veyron, than dump 50,000 into a stang, because at the end of the day that stang is still worth 10K.

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
quadcammer said:
there is a much better feeling. Its the feeling that occurs when you know that you can easily afford a veyron.

By making comments like the one you just did, you come off looking a touch stupid, and a whole lotta jealous.

No mustang ever built will be even a 10th of the car that the bugatti is. Sure a mustang can have 1000bhp, but it will not handle like a bugatti, be as useable as the bugatti, be as comfortable, have as nice of an interior, be as reliable, etc etc.

Face it, mustangs are cheaply built cars with the potential to have some power. They don't handle really well, and they lack tons of creature comforts. To some people, that doesn't matter. To others, they care more about how the car feels, how it handles, and how nice the interior is, versus whether it could handle 20psi on the stock motor.

Im becoming more like the second person everyday.

The original poster was talking about how fast you can make a mustang and yes you can make a mustang just as fast as anything out there. He was'nt talking about creature comforts, handling, interior, reliability or usage!

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Monday said:

230 mph, why not? All it takes is enough power, and the Modular engines can easily do that..

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
matchb0x said:
I think most of us are hypocrites on this subject. I mean, how many of us hate ricers? Why? Are they not doing to their cars what is cool to them just like us? It goes both ways.

Ultimately, who cares? Do you like your car? It's yours, you pay for it and maintain it and only you should have to like it. Anyone else who likes it is bonus and any who may hate it dont matter anyways.

I hate ricers for their behavior that I've seen on the street...always revving their motors, trying to start races in rush hour traffic, doing silly fly-bys and tailgating. I could give a rat's ass as to how much power a ricer makes with a 4 cyl engine.

But, you're right on point. My Lightning is mine. Doesn't matter to me what someone else thinks about it. It's paid for. And I'm too old to spend my energy worrying about how much someone else's vehicle costs, or how fast it is. Afterall, a vehicle is just materialistic shit at the end of the day. Life goes on.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
As much as I have loved cars in the past, even if I won the powerball, I wouldn't buy a Ferrari or Lamborghini. I'd probably be tempted to get a couple of cars like a Z06, Porsche or Viper...maybe a Ford GT as a one-time event, but I simply have no interest in the "exotic" Italian cars. Give me a winning powerball and I'm going to find a quiet, satisfactory, financially trouble-free life for me and pass it on to who I will.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
There's also more than just speed. Just the OWNERSHIP of an exotic is something special and fantastic that you cannot experince in a Mustang. For me, that's just a perk, not a reason I want/plan to own one.

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
i get people at work busting my balls saying my car is slow and its a shitbox. etc. all the time. i just smile and say yea it is a peice of shit and that usually shuts them up. they are trying to get a reaction out of you, just shrug it off and they will give up. i know my car has just under 600whp and goes 130 mph in the 1/4. so i dont really care what they have to say

Users who are viewing this thread