Why do crazed gunmen always kill themselves?

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22116784/?GT1=10645

OMAHA, Neb. - A sniper opened fire at a busy Omaha mall, killing at least eight people, wounding at least five others and then killing himself, police officials said.

Sgt. Teresa Negron said most of the dead were inside Von Maur department store at Westroads Mall. She added that the shooter was male and acted alone.

Witnesses told NBC affiliate WOWT-TV that the shooter pointed a gun over a third-floor railing and opened fire. Police locked the mall down in the aftermath.
A Von Maur employee said he heard a burst of five to six shots followed by 15 to 20 shots. Witnesses said the shooter appeared to be firing randomly.

At least seven were taken to local trauma centers. Two of these people have since died from their injuries, and two others were in critical condition. There was no immediate word on the other victims' conditions.

Witnesses describe arrests, attack
Two people were arrested at the mall's bus stop, WOWT-TV said. Negron said police officials were arresting anybody that in any way matched conflicting reports of a description of the shooter.

A description of the shooter, broadcast over scanners, was that he was wearing an Army-green vest and was holding a rifle.

A woman who answered the phone at an Old Navy store said earlier that 20 to 30 customers were huddled with employees in a back storeroom.

"All we know was people were running and screaming down the hallway by Von Maur saying there was a shooting, and then they locked us down," said the woman, who said her name was Heidi

A Westroads kiosk worker, who identified herself as Kathy, told KETV-TV that she heard three "pops." She said a Bath and Body Works manager approached her and told her to get out of the mall hallway, as there was a shooting, and the assailant had not been located.

Police were allowing some people to leave the mall, but no one was permitted to enter. Around 2:30 p.m., dozens of shoppers and employees left the mall with hands above their heads.

WOWT-TV reported that authorities removed what officials described as a live grenade from the mall’s parking lot Friday night. The circumstances of the case are under investigation. There was no indication that incident was related to Wednesday's shootings.

The shooting apparently happened as President Bush was leaving Omaha, where he attended a fundraiser for Republican Senate candidate Mike Johanns.

Last edited:

CobraBen98

GO SPURS GO!
Established Member
So much for Christmas shopping. I ain't going near a mall for crap. Once one person does it, others will follow. It's a shame for those that died, families are in my prayers.

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
Cause they're too much of a ****ing pussy to face the repercussion of their actions.

'sighs' I just don't understand the world we live in today.

Last edited:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
What are the gun laws in Nebraska? Are they allowed to carry in a mall? I ask, because a lot of people did NOT die in the last mall shooting, because there was an armed person to shoot back at the crazed idiot.

Funny thing is, the anti-gun morons will use this against gun-owners, when it should be the other way around.

yosemiddysam

03 Cobra Vert 10th Anniv.
Established Member
Crestview Fl. Grew up in the good ole Dub V
I dont see what would cause a human to just wake up one day and say...."gee I think I am going to go kill innocent people at the mall". Thats what makes me so upset about all the states saying that "WE" normal law abiding citizen have no need to carry a conceiled weapon.

yosemiddysam

03 Cobra Vert 10th Anniv.
Established Member
Crestview Fl. Grew up in the good ole Dub V
I just hope i never get caught carrying mine. I tried to get a permit as a 12 year military man and was told that I have no need to carry and that I did not qualify because I did not meet the requirements. You can bet your as when i go further than an hour from home that my security is well within reach. Sorry but that is one law that I am willing to break.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
They kill themselves because that's the whole point. They can't stand life as they know it and are envious of others who seem happy, so they want to kill as many people and ruin as many lives as possible outta spite and jealousy. They kill themselves because their life was over before they started blastin. What's the point in hanging around after all that? Also it's the icing on the spite cake to kill himself so the families of the dead loved ones will never get to cuss them out and address them and let them get a better feeling of justice served.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Cause they're too much of a ****ing pussy to face the repercussion of their actions.

'sighs' I just don't understand the world we live in today.

Me too, me too :nonono: From the suicide letters it seems he was just a loser that couldnt get over that and try to make his life better and sounds like he had a person who was trying to help him but he just spit in her face and the thing that makes me the most mad is, one of the shooters friends says he wanted to go out like a rockstar and he did?? F that he went out like a big pussey terrorist. :fm:

2000GT-281

Established Member
I was working close to the mall, and have never seen the police in such numbers, or in such a hurry. It was impressive.
In Nebraska, you can carry a concealed weapon with a license, but not in the malls and certain other places.
My GF was at work in the mall at the time, and said it was un believable. She saw some of the people that had been shot. She is very shaken by what she saw.
What really gets me is how his friends seemed so unchanged by what happened. They seemed almost proud of their friend. Giving him recognition for going out in a blaze of glory. How senseless to say something like that.
And last, my thoughts and prayers go out to all the people affected by this.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
this is really sad...high schools, colleges, shopping malls...WTF is next? restraunts?!

seriously :(

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I wouldnt consider the kid a "sniper", just had a gun and opend fire in middle of mall.

They said he was 19, had dropped out of highschool the year before and was working at mc donalds which he got fired from.

The only part of the "note" they read said "im ganna be famous"

Ya hes famous for being a bitch. Then his friend said he was out going, funny etc, while actually seeming to want to smile, nto sad or crying or anything but yet everyone else said he was on a bunch of pills for depression and was unstable.

How do you sneak a rifle in first off is what i want to know.

Hopefully the victims familys will be able to recover from this over time.

Last edited:

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
guys....I went to school with this guy....he went to papillion lavista high school in 2006, he's 19. I'm 21, I graduated in 2004. this whole thing sickens me. I'm in baghdad right now waiting for the states to wake up so I can make sure all of my family and friends who are in omaha are ok. really messes with your mind.....I talked to him on more then one occasion in highschool....seemed like an ok kid to me. of course it's not the truth now....but I guess people change...my heart goes out to those who were injured or killed and the families of those people. may they rest in peace.

:(

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
yeah lol a "Sniper" only fires one bullet per kill. he is just another ****tard who wanted to go out with a bang, who wanted everyone to know his name, so he could finally get the attention he feels he deserves. then like a pussy, he ends himself to avoid the subsequent ass raping he knows he wouldve recieved in prison.

if the media didnt glorify this each time, it wouldnt happen.

Another reason to get a CCW. Too bad it's impossible to get one out here in Southern Cali.....

i dont support CCW. i say we dont conceal them at all, i say we holster the gun and show it off. youre dam skibby nobody is gonna open fire on a mall for glorification if they look down the promenade and 1 out of every 5 guys has a nice holster ready to fire back.

why does everyone want to hide the fact they have a gun? you dont see Samurai's and Knights hiding their swords down their pants.....they kept that shit to their side so the whole world could see, and nobody ****ed with them :shrug: this is what the anti-gun ****ers dont realize, the more we take away from the people, the more the people are at risk from those that dont follow said laws, making them moving targets that cant fight back, and then they wonder why crime is so high now, well when the populus cant protect itself, and the government cant protect the populus, you get high crime rates since its so easy to do and get away with, no risk of getting popped by the person you are robbing, and no risk of getting caught by the popo.

when i finally get a pistol or two, i WILL carry at all times, laws be damned. i say, rely on yourself first, not the government, for protection. if one person in that crowd was carrying, maybe only 2-3 people would have been shot before said carrier returned fire and downed the ****tard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread