Why do alot of the sigs say GT500 mounts

SOLISIMO

Signal 12
Established Member
Im just doing alot of research and Im seeing that almost everyone that is lowered is using GT500 mounts. Is this necessary?

naeem5oh

Established Member
the 05-10 model year aftermarket struts require the gt500 mounts, also the factory mounts suck

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Be careful when changing springs tho, the factory mounts like to fall apart. I had ball bearings go everywhere

I too lost my balls everywhere. My girlfriend and I were searching for my balls for hours. I eventually had to go buy a new set of balls to replace the ones I lost.

I ended up getting a new ford part with the balls already in place.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
I too lost my balls everywhere. My girlfriend and I were searching for my balls for hours. I eventually had to go buy a new set of balls to replace the ones I lost.

I ended up getting a new ford part with the balls already in place.

hehe

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Lost my balls too....but didn't care cause I too installed the GT500 mounts.

and to lend to the Op's confusion.........I installed mine Arrows in! (see Sig)
Lol

Pred_mech

Established Member
yep, dropped my balls all over the floor too. Best way to keep your balls where they belong is to remove the strut and spring as an assembly and make sure you use a good spring compressor. Some folks use the lower control arm with a jack as a spring compressor but this puts too much stress on the mount itself and it cocks sideways letting your balls hit the floor. You can get away with putting all the bearing balls back into place and re assembling it but you will get that popping noise when lowered on the stock ones. GT500 mounts are cheap and the easiest way to change it out is to buy all your suspension parts at one time so you can remove your front set up assembled so you can go back to stock when ever. Then assemble your new struts/springs/mounts off the car and install in like 10 minutes. Easiest way. Although what normally happens is you lower it with springs...hate the ride, buy new struts, break the mounts, buy new mounts. Save your time and just do it all at once.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I don't know how you guys lost your balls. The stock mount is hard to take apart. It took me prying the thing apart with a screwdriver to take apart.

Users who are viewing this thread