Why do 99 cobra suck?

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member
I know this will probally piss people off but seriously...come on! Why do machs (who were built by SVT also) get steeper gearing and we're stuck with stock. Why do machs get the more practical 8.8 but we are forced to buy 5k in gear just to match a solid axle. Also why do we have aluminum blocks that cant handle more than 450rwhp but machs get beast blocks. This just doesn't make any sense to me, 99 cobras are screwed up with the lower intake manifold in the first place, way to go SVT, ITS A FREAKIN COBRA! Its supposed to compete with the M crowd crowd and such. More im leaving out but this seems to be pretty pathetic COME THE :cuss: ON!

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
MuscleOwnzRice said:
Also why do we have aluminum blocks that cant handle more than 450rwhp but machs get beast blocks.
:dw:

Last edited:

Boss75

Shoot first
Established Member
MuscleOwnzRice said:
I know this will probally piss people off but seriously...come on! Why do machs (who were built by SVT also) get steeper gearing and we're stuck with stock. Why do machs get the more practical 8.8 but we are forced to buy 5k in gear just to match a solid axle. Also why do we have aluminum blocks that cant handle more than 450rwhp but machs get beast blocks. This just doesn't make any sense to me, 99 cobras are screwed up with the lower intake manifold in the first place, way to go SVT, ITS A FREAKIN COBRA! Its supposed to compete with the M crowd crowd and such. More im leaving out but this seems to be pretty pathetic COME THE :cuss: ON!

Operator Error :p

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member
o do machs have aluminum also? either way we still suck. And o look! no defense, just point out one error i made.

And the only operator error here is SVT's incompetence

Boss75

Shoot first
Established Member
Dude our block can take like 1000+ hp. All the rest is subjective, so I don't know what you're getting all upset about.

01YellowCobra23

SNAKE CHARMED
Established Member
not to be a dick or anything but quit your crying..if your all nut hugin on the mach then go buy a mach...do you research before you buy a car...slap a supercharger on your car and zip your lips..cobras are for life

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Not that it matters for 99.99% of the people out there, but 99s and some 01s have the uber-desirable Teksid block.

You have legitimate gripes, but all are pretty easily fixed. If you don't like the IRS, swap for a solid. Although 3.55 is better than 3.27, the difference is negligible and both are still severely undergeared.

There is always something better/faster out there. Just mod and enjoy what you have.

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member
ya you guys make good points. But im pretty sure the 1000+hp comment on our blocks is false.
Ill stop my gripping since im a little tipsy and have been looking at times for things such as SS camaros and such.

i just found out i have a teksid so im happy now

Last edited:

StevesBuddyAntz

Established Member
Except for the recall's 99 Cobra didnt suck at all...The Mach is 4 years newer and basically improved on the low down power the Cobras didnt have, other then that there's not much of a differance. Both are capable of mid to lower 13's stock w/ the right driver. The right gears and some bolt ons and there some bad ass cars.

Last edited:

NXGHOST

Established Member
Dude, get over it. You are not "STUCK" with anything. Sell the heap. 1999 was sooooo 8 years ago.....

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
well there is 5 years inbetween when they were built for starters.
ford is learning just like us.

change the stuf you dont like or go by a mach

J

MrBrain

Corner carver
Established Member
BreBar21 said:
Not that it matters for 99.99% of the people out there, but 99s and some 01s have the uber-desirable Teksid block.

Eh, what's a Teksid block..? :-D

Edit: I know now, but how to identify it..?

Edit2: Found it... Still have to identify mine then. Is it possible to see without removing the intake?

Last edited:

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
no_slow_svt said:
well there is 5 years inbetween when they were built for starters.
ford is learning just like us.

change the stuf you dont like or go by a mach

J

+1. If you honestly expect a company, any company, not to improve their product line over the years, then you definitely need to put the bottle down and read a book. I realize that your alcohol induced post may have skewed your opinion and I have had many of my own complaints about Ford, but if that was the case then we could still all be driving mustangs that didn't exceed specs from the 1973 Mustang Grande (I know it is a random reference, but it's still early for me:lol1: )

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Bob Cosby said:
Are you on drugs?

yes, i believe he is...crack would be my guess...

MuscleOwnzRice said:
educated reply right there

LMFAO at calling Bob uneducated...he's been winning drag races in NMRA in his 99 cobra longer that you've been driving...dumbass...

and on your first post, even the LOWLY wap block can handle in excess of 700 rwhp...so WTF are you bitching about...actually mach's aluminum blocks are weaker than the teksid OR the wap blocks that are in new edge cobras...the only advantage the machs have is slightly better flowing heads and little higher compression...and a solid axle, but that is easily fixed...

Users who are viewing this thread