why did you buy a boss instead of xyz?

Ribossman

Established Member
Alot of my friends and family ask me this question. My response is always the same, its like a dream car of my past and now I'm driving it ,my wife and kids always laugh when I look at it like a fat kid with cake.what's yours reason?

86Fbody

Established Member
I like the idea of having a car that's as fast around a track as an M3 for half the price, and I can change it's oil myself.

flyby763

Established Member
Its a happy medium between a gt500 and mustang gt in price and performance. Plus, I've always heard its one of the best mustangs made. Love it so far!

bpmurr

Established Member
I sold my 11 GT500 to move. Spring hit and I didn't have a Mustang to drive. I was going to buy a 13 GT500 but after the options I wanted and only being offered MSRP it was a little pricey. I've always been a fan of a 70 Grabber Blue Boss so I figure..Why not?

GottaBoss

Established Member
History
Appearance
All-Around Performance (vs. bragging rights with Shelby)
Strong motor - forged internals - should hold up well even if pushed a bit
Sound - nothing sounds better than a Ford and the side pipes make it ever better!
Simplicity - little unnecessary complexity which bodes well for long-term reliability
Seats - tough to beat the Recaros for functionality and comfort
It's a Ford - so parts, service, accessories, etc. should be readily available and a-Ford-able.
Exclusivity - not seeing myself on the road all the time.

To sum it up - a LOT to like for a reasonable price.

Last edited:

bigh

Established Member
I bought a 2012 LS #377, nice to know that I'm one of 765 or so in the world that own one.. Plus its so much fun! Priceless!

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I purchased mine as a track car, but ended up not driving it as much as I thought I would. At the time of the purchase, I wanted a 2013 GT500 but I was looking at either a 6 month wait, or no allocation. There were -0- on the lot that were equipped the way I want. I wanted a car that I can enjoy now, so I bought the Boss 302 Laguna Seca. I thought it was pretty cool that it was 1 of 30 for Canada.

I ended up selling it to purchase a brand new ZR1, but the dealer tried to pull a fast one on me and it left a very bad impression on me. I also talked to some local Corvette owners and they were very unsatisified with the dealers here for service. I didn't want to purchase a car that expensive and have trouble servicing it. So, I ordered a 2014 GT500. I have an excellent relationship with my Ford dealer, and they are super mod-friendly.

I still love the idea of the Boss 302-- A turn key track car. I might pick up another in the next couple of years. For now, I guess I will have to wait for my GT500 :)

Last edited:

steathv

Established Member
My wife wanted to know what I wanted for my birthday. Had been driving a CTS-V, which was fun but growing up my Dad was a Ford man and my first car was a Fairlane. I always wanted a stang and new all about the original Boss.

So when the wife said go for it and I new what a great car the Boss would be
And it would be a fun car to drive and mod, I got one. I just wish I could
Keep the tires from spinning so much. A dream come true.

Boss949

Established Member
I had a 2004 CTS V, that I had just paid off last July. Went to the drag races at Texas Motor Speedway. I was going to add Headers and other Mods. Got beat that night by a Mustang GT and a Vette. My wife put me on drag racing restriction until I was louder and faster. She said to call our daughter Kathy who is office manager of Ford Dealership and look for a "hot rod" Mustang. Called her and she called back and told me that she had a 2013 PW Boss on the showroom. I began to search this forum and was sold just by reading the various posts. I sold the V in 2 days, flew to Florida and picked up the Boss. Purchased on D plan (I know many think that it can't be done).

Drove home to Texas. I've had a lot of sports cars in my life and this is best yet. Greatest Mustang ever built IMO. Not many around; it sounds like a beast and performs like one.

Nothing else interests me. I'm done.

DA BOSS 13

Established Member
There is only ONE REASON I bought it, because it IS THE BOSS, plain and simple. I didn't "need" it till it existed!

Fat Boss

Established Member
I'm a Ford Man and was drawn to it like Roy Neary was to Devils Mtn.

094.jpg

BOSS2664

Established Member
I had a brand X car. Was perfectly content until I heard rumors of the Boss 302. Started to :read: about it and got really interested. I went to the Ford dealership and asked if I could take a 5.0 for a test drive. At the time they didn't have a Boss but they said one was due in soon. I thought to myself that I could get an idea, I guess, by driving the grabber blue, 6 speed with 3.73 gears. I was hooked the second I took it for a spin. I said to myself, " dang, if this 5.0 is this quick the Boss is gonna be awesome." The regular 5.0 was, as hard as it was for me to admit, faster than my car. The car seemed more nimble/tighter as well.
Ok, fast forward about a month. I told the salesman to call me once the Boss came in. He did. I fell in love with the Race Red machine. He tried to get me into a regular 5.0 but my intentions were to get into a Boss/roadrunner only. My brand X car was traded in and the Boss has not disappointed me one bit. Its all business, fast, handles great, and has awesome brakes. Much more performance than I was used to.

Last edited:

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Avoided xyz because I hate algebra.

Just joking, couldn't afford the BOSS, but it would've been nice! :)

Users who are viewing this thread