Why cant I buy a GT?!

robiferretti

Established Member
according to Fordgtprices.com I am a very reasonable man walking into a dealership with a $20k deposit in my hand to pay list on a car. But in the past 2 days i've turned up no results while trying to purchase a simple red white striped GT. Even though the cars are selling at sticker dealers refuse claim they can still get 190 for them so are in no rush to sell to me. What an F'ed up market.

Namely I went into All american Ford in hackensack NJ to buy a new Z06 and ford GT at the same time. I made for a simple sale walking in credit card in hand requesting both cars at sticker. They sent me packing telling me that I dont know the market, and that collectors will still spend over sticker. They all pretend like they make no money selling the cars at sticker. It still boggles my mind how someone can pull in a ford dealership driving a lamborghini, try and spend $240,000 and thye dont want to sell you cars! :poke:

Ford GT Fan

Established Member
I never said it would be easy. Some dealers will sell for sticker, some won't.

Email a few dozen dealers with cars listed on autotrader or with cars listed on ebay that didn't sell. Tell them what you want, what you'll pay, that you are ready to buy, and include a phone number. You will get results.

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Ferretti, do you own that rental company, and if so is the GT for that purpose? Is the Lambo part of the rental company or is it your personal car? Just wondering because you still list the coupe as your ride... :beer:

AMB

Established Member
Ford GT

I went through the same thing. Every Dealer in San Diego,Ca; execpt one, Drew Ford wanted $10k - $30k over MSRP. Drew Ford had a LONG list of buyers, so I couldn't get one from them. I called over 100 dealers, all over the USA, with NO resualts!! I went on line to "Autotraders" and "Ebay Motors", evrey day for over 6 months, before I happened to log on to "Ebay Motors" on Sunday afternoon (02-26-06), found a GT that I was looking for, called the Dealer, (about 70 miles from San Diego) and I got it for MSRP. I had a friend drive me there and I drove it home at 9pm.

AMB

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
robiferretti said:
the best is the internet sales managers and the phones calls I've made. When I ask what sticker is they claim $239 or some astronomical #

You need to shop the middle of the country and the southern/southeast coast. Supposedly there is a dealer in Georgia that has sold over 15 GT's already. The northeast and entire west coast are a basically a joke.

There is a black 05 in Bozeman, Montana at Bozeman ford for 155K -asking price- (still new/MSO). It is # 1602 IIRC and doesn't have the center stripe but all other options are on the car.

Anyways, good luck and don't be afraid to shop out of state.

robiferretti

Established Member
Definately not afraid to shop out of state, I have 2 leads now, 1 car in S. jersey with 178 miles on it (which scares me) and 1 GT with 3 miles on it in DE which I am hoping to buy in the next few days.

Will keep everyone informed.

DBK
I am an owner of www.gothamdreamcars.com the only Exotic car rental company in the NY tri state area.

currently have 2 gallardos, 360, 360 syder, Bentley CGT, Bentley Flying Spur, and a porsche turbo cab.

Coming up new Z06, Ford GT, 430, gallardo spyder, vanquish.

svt2205

Established Member
FWIW, there's a red with white striped 06 GT on the show room floor at a local Ford dealer in Manchester NH. They are asking MSRP and I'm sure would LOVE to sell it. It's costing them 300 a day on their floorplan to keep it. It's been on their floor now for about 3 weeks.

They are www.autofair.com or 603-634-1000.

Hope this helps.
Henry

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Excellent gig! That's what I figured. Must be fun when they aren't rented out to tool around in whichever ones are sitting around! How many partners are in the company? I've always thought it'd be run (a much smaller scale) one for fun someday with a few buddies...

robiferretti said:
Definately not afraid to shop out of state, I have 2 leads now, 1 car in S. jersey with 178 miles on it (which scares me) and 1 GT with 3 miles on it in DE which I am hoping to buy in the next few days.

Will keep everyone informed.

DBK
I am an owner of www.gothamdreamcars.com the only Exotic car rental company in the NY tri state area.

currently have 2 gallardos, 360, 360 syder, Bentley CGT, Bentley Flying Spur, and a porsche turbo cab.

Coming up new Z06, Ford GT, 430, gallardo spyder, vanquish.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
robiferretti said:
according to Fordgtprices.com I am a very reasonable man walking into a dealership with a $20k deposit in my hand to pay list on a car. But in the past 2 days i've turned up no results while trying to purchase a simple red white striped GT. Even though the cars are selling at sticker dealers refuse claim they can still get 190 for them so are in no rush to sell to me. What an F'ed up market.

Namely I went into All american Ford in hackensack NJ to buy a new Z06 and ford GT at the same time. I made for a simple sale walking in credit card in hand requesting both cars at sticker. They sent me packing telling me that I dont know the market, and that collectors will still spend over sticker. They all pretend like they make no money selling the cars at sticker. It still boggles my mind how someone can pull in a ford dealership driving a lamborghini, try and spend $240,000 and thye dont want to sell you cars! :poke:
You want red w/white @ sticker? PM me if you want, I know a dealer in NH who will get you one for just that. I saw it in his showroom 3 days ago, no b.s. You can use my name. PS, great gig! :rockon:

robiferretti

Established Member
thanks guys 2 owners, I am the minority owner, but its a fun business which if run correctly will pay off down the road. As much fun as you would think it would be to take the cars out when there not rented, if not done in moderation and with discipline, you'll kill your company.

Definately looking forward to the GT, i'll keep everyone updated as to when I take delivery. Thanks for all the help.

SVTF#4327

Established Member
Check out the the GT at Barrett Jackson thread in the GT500 Forum. There is a dude that says a dealership near him was advertising a GT in the paper on Saturday for $118,000. He also gives a phone number.

SoftBatch

Keep Firing Assholes
Established Member
There is a Red with White striped GT here in Huntsville, AL at Woody Anderson Ford.

I only request a test drive as a finders fee :burnout:

chiliman

Established Member
robiferretti said:

Try Valley Ford in Westwood NJ. I bought a 96 Mystic Cobra from them at sticker when they were selling for more than 5K over sticker. They immediately took my sticker offer! That was 10 years ago but it is a small family owned dealership. They have a Red GT on Ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=4626643137&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

mvcrash

Established Member
robiferretti said:

I understand your point however you don't seem to understand theirs. They can and do get more for the cars. You are not one of their customers.
Would it be ok if I walked into your place tomorrow, cash and credit card in hand and said I'll take a Rolls Phantom for 10 hours and I'll pay only $1700.00 instead of the required $3500.00?
To them, you are a one time sale, not a steady customer. If you have purchased all those wonderful cars you rent from them, I'm sure you would have gotten the GT at MSRP.

I only have one other question. Being the owner, do you get to drive those cars when they are not rented?......Have a free days you would like to give away?

Caveat Emptor!!!

Last edited:

robiferretti

Established Member
mvcrash said:
I understand your point however you don't seem to understand theirs. They can and do get more for the cars. You are not one of their customers.
Would it be ok if I walked into your place tomorrow, cash and credit card in hand and said I'll take a Rolls Phantom for 10 hours and I'll pay only $1700.00 instead of the required $3500.00?
To them, you are a one time sale, not a steady customer. If you have purchased all those wonderful cars you rent from them, I'm sure you would have gotten the GT at MSRP.

I only have one other question. Being the owner, do you get to drive those cars when they are not rented?......Have a free days you would like to give away?

Caveat Emptor!!!

You are incorrect. In the car industry you cant only sell cars to "steady customers". For a dealership that sells cars for $12,000-$50,000 to turn away a local customer willing to spend $240,000 in one shot, does that make me a likely "one time sale"? Also I am a special case, putting 30,000 miles a year on each car they will also be making $$$ on the service by earning me as a customer. Car dealerships aren't in business to pick and chose who they sell vehicles to, more volume, more service, more profit. The reason cars are sold under sticker is to gain a customer base, you don't do that by turning away money.

A general rule of business you adjust prices according to market conditions. If the guy down the street is renting the same cars as me and offering the same services for less, I drop my prices or lose the customers. Its not like they lose money selling cars at MSRP!

to answer your last 2 questions,

yes I can drive the cars when I want.
yes I do have free days to give away. (but only to steady customers) :)

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
robiferretti said:

All American Ford=Pricks who charge through the nose. I looked at an '04 L there with 18k miles on it. They wanted 32k for it. They want 38k for a Terminator 'Vert. I looked at the GT they had there, and laughed when I read the 26k "fair market adjustment". For 196k, I'd expect them to sell me a matching F150 to tow the damn thing. All American Ford/Great American Chevy can suck my dick.

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
Yea I remember when I was looking at new Lightnings and the nearest SVT dealer in NJ wanted +$5,000 over sticker when right across the stream in PA they where selling L's at slightly over invoice, lol. With all the rich city people in the area kinda can't blame them for trying, lol. :p

Anyway, there's a GT white with blue stripes near me in Hackettstown, NJ. Might wanna try them if you don't feel like traveling out of state. BTW, do fellow members of the SVT forum get discounts renting from you, robiferretti? I'll take the Gallardo for a day..... I'll drop off the L and take the Lambo.... and mabye, just mabye I'll bring it back.....lol.
:lol: :banana:

If I where that dealer and you came to take not one, but both cars on the spot, I would have gladly sold them to you at sticker. :burnout:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
emig5m said:
If I where that dealer and you came to take not one, but both cars on the spot, I would have gladly sold them to you at sticker. :burnout:

Yeah, considering that even 5% of 240k (comission) is a VERY healthy bonus, but AAF is run by greedyb retards.

Users who are viewing this thread