Why Billetflow over Accufab?

OverToad

Established Member
There are respectable people on this forum, and that nickname comes from the days when I was................less than.........respectable. :loser: I'll tell you in PM, or when I see you in person ;-)

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Or how about one with the last five numbers of your VIN engraved...?

Jeremy@JDM

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
Or how about one with the last five numbers of your VIN engraved...?

I guess you can never sell it now.......

J/K the VIN's a nice little touch.

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
Originally posted by OverToad
Because Accufab can't do this..............
Toad, how close of a match is the red TB with your Redfire paint?

OverToad

Established Member
Hunter, I dunno yet. It should be here Monday or Tuesday. I would assume it's a very close match. I've talked to Doug on several occasions, and doubt he'd send me out a color that didn't match. Furthermore, if, for whatever reason, it doesn't, I trust he'll take care of it.

dougwg

Established Member
The color is not the same.....BUT!

The Cobra is PAINTED(red fire)
The TB is ANODIZED (red)

we offer only 4 colors Clear, Black, Red, Blue

we could also offer Green and Yellow, but they don't make a green 03Cobra and the Yellow looks almost gold :xpl:

I will say this much the Red anodizing looks about as close as you can get to the Red Fire as is the with the Blue and the SonicBlue.

we Tried to get MineralGray but it turned out Brown

and red(not redfire)...RED! came out pink.....hence the 4 colors offered Clear, Black, Red, Blue...oh and Polished :)

Hope this helps

Doug
BilletFLow

BTW: Rick@Amazon just put his on yesterday... ask him! maybe he would be willing to take off just the TB and hold it up to the car and take a pic

OverToad

Established Member
Hunter, here's two pics showing Rick's TB in a format identical to the one of mine above, then of it on the car. It's a good comparison, and shows a truer representation of the color......

It looks orange here.........

Last edited:

Blades

Established Member
damn i like that.. putting "Blades" on it would be funy cuz.. well its a throttle body.

Did you see any gains?

OverToad

Established Member
Why would "Blades" seem funny? If that's a nickname you use outside of this forum, it would really give your car a personal touch. :thumbsup:
If I can put something as odd as "El Sapo" on a Cobra driven by a green-eyed white boy here in Texas, anything goes ;-)

As for gains.......I don't have mine yet, but have researched every dyno sheet that has either the Accufab or Billetflow TB's on their car. Out of necessity, the specs of both units are identical, so either units dyno sheets are applicable.

I've thrown out the sheets with the biggest gains, and the sheets with the lowest gains, since those are going to be extreme cases with unknown factors ruining the validity of the results. Examples of this would a heat-soaked dyno run, or someone who ice-bagged the cooler to show false gains. This leaves reliable data to go by.

With everything I've seen, it looks that the numbers are about 10rhp/10rhp. Modest gains to be sure. However, I've also seen threads by tuners which indicate dyno numbers won't fully relate the value of the TB as it compares to actual street racing. Furthermore, for the most hardcore of track guys, this mod can mean.....what.......maybe a few more mph in the 1/4? I wouldn't know, so I'll leave that for others to discuss. Furthermore, there are those of us who are obsessed with hitting the magical 500rhp barrier. If they are hitting the 490's..................;-)

This isn't the first mod someone should do to their Cobra. Though we believe our Cobra's to be special, one looks identical to another. This gives us some gains in power (without voiding the warranty), while adding a VERY personal touch to our car. What's that worth to each individual? It isn't as cut and dry as simply adding a pulley or a chip. This mod falls in line with those who would throw chrome rims on their car, or lower it for appearance.......someone who really wants a personal touch for their car. I really hate it when someone with an identical car pulls up next to me :cuss: The power gains are just a bonus ;-)

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
I think that the Red and the Blue both match pretty good.:beer:

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
So are you sure that a TB is not a point of contention with Ford service as far as warranty issues.????????

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by jumpincactus
So are you sure that a TB is not a point of contention with Ford service as far as warranty issues.????????

Around here not having your car washed is a point of contention with the warranty guys. ;-)

OverToad

Established Member
Cactus,
The "official" word that came down from Ford is that exhaust and CAI aren't grounds for a voiding. Anything after that is at the discretion of each dealership.
So yeah, if that part somehow causes the failure of another part, they can choose not to honor your warranty. But the odds of that happening with this perticular part are very slim.
I talked to my service advisor about it, and his reponse was cookie cutter.........."If it causes the failure of a part, it won't be covered....."blah blah blah. However, this same advisor has stopped me from doing other mods that will ASSUREDLY void my warranty. Get the picture?

Users who are viewing this thread