Why are import threads so ridiculous?

Willens

Never finishes anythi
Established Member
I'm a member of many forums, cut I witnessed one tonight from the 3000Gzt/Stealth community and how Mustangs sure gay, etc; they do this often. I asked why no one had a timeslip; instant butt-hurt. These communities really are a disgrace to car guys. Why? Why is it so bad? For a bunch of jackstand heroes with broken cars and no proof, why are these communities so bad?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
You get the tards with all forums.

I used to get a kick out of mustang guts back in the day with intake and weld in flow masters talk down about my car at the time (98 GST spyder with a evo16g, dsmlink and full support). Used to love luring those types into a race with my slow 4banger.

OP seems you came up with the 3Si cars so you know their potential though. You should know that with that comes cheap owners with cheaper attitudes.

Zemedici

Established Member
There's douchebags with any car community.

I came from the Nissan community (350z, god what a slow car) and the main thing i noticed about them is that they think the z/g is the fastest car on the planet. "yeah I beat a z06 yesterday" No the **** you didnt. They learn about their vehicles directly from wikipedia and sketchy forum trolls rather than actual real world firsthand information.

with the muscle crowd, the dick slinging is also rather aggravating. MY 400HP COBRA IS SO GAWDDAMN FAST or MY C5Z06 EATS UGR LAMBOS.

But I gotta say, as stated above it has to do with age. Z/G is a teeny bopper car, and shelbys/cobras, etc are more adult vehicles.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
There is a 5.0 thread ('14 Mustang GT or '14 WRX) on NASIOC, surprising the people there are not too bad but there are a few dumb people who chime in every now and then.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
There's douchebags with any car community.

I came from the Nissan community (350z, god what a slow car) and the main thing i noticed about them is that they think the z/g is the fastest car on the planet. "yeah I beat a z06 yesterday" No the **** you didnt. They learn about their vehicles directly from wikipedia and sketchy forum trolls rather than actual real world firsthand information.

with the muscle crowd, the dick slinging is also rather aggravating. MY 400HP COBRA IS SO GAWDDAMN FAST or MY C5Z06 EATS UGR LAMBOS.

But I gotta say, as stated above it has to do with age. Z/G is a teeny bopper car, and shelbys/cobras, etc are more adult vehicles.

+1 The cars are overall cheaper to buy, so younger kids can afford that. It's unfortunate they can't be appreciative of all cars. It also seems like the "cool" thing to do is to hate on every other car other than your own.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Why are import threads so ridiculous?

Because import.

Zemedici

Established Member
+1 The cars are overall cheaper to buy, so younger kids can afford that. It's unfortunate they can't be appreciative of all cars. It also seems like the "cool" thing to do is to hate on every other car other than your own.

god i hate that shit, people that walk through car meets just talking shit about car after car after car. People shoulda just stayed home.

Adiabatik

Banned
There is a reason why Mustang's are hated so much. It's because, as a collective, Mustangs whoop more ass than any other model.

Jebadias

Established Member

Hands down the most respectful and helpful car forums I have been a part of was with the Turbo Buick community. These cars are typically owned by people who grew up in the 70s and 80s. I was always one of the younger people at Buick events and I'm 38.

There is another community which I have had to deal with in the past because I do like thier cars who act just like what the OP is describing. These cars are older and more worn out stock models can be had for cheap. This tends to attract a more immature crowd. While many, perhaps most people in that community are great people the douchebags do tend to end up congregating and find it much safer for thier egos to smacktalk on the internet than find a race and prove what they really have.

Users who are viewing this thread