Why are daily driver races the funnest?

cody_288

Established Member
Well i was leaving the movies in my F150 with my woman, and a buddy and his woman (and my other woman in the backseat) behind me. He is driving his 91 grand prix ( :rockon: ) I leave the theatre and being bored step on it and spin the tires a little, well ok a truck with a 351 and 3.73 gears,and having normal sized tires on it for once spins em more then a lil. I'm cruisin along at 60 and my bud pulls out to pass me. I see it coming and cancel overdrive real quick and stomp on it. That E4OD downshits hard and I instantly pulls two lengths as the speedomoter is immedialty buried at the 85 it stops at. No idea how fast i am going but finally aerodymanics wins and that lil 3.1L 6 pulls away ever so slowly ( he said he was going 110). So fastforward to the stoplight 6 miles down the road. We pull off normally from the light but at about 10 mph he stomps on it. So do I, and after feeling my one-wheel-peel do its thing i catch him and pass him and have 1 bus length (he gets fed the dual exhaust of a v8 hard...) by the time i hit 60. That was the end of my wastes of a 1/4 tank of gas.

Last edited:

StangJason

Established Member
They are fun because you have time to answer your cell phone while whipping a V6 Mustang in a 2005ish V6 Sable :-D

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
Nothing in the world like putting your foot to the floor and letting "D" do all the work for you. AND you can talk to you g/f while doing it.

"See that honey, I smoked him, I am the greates, you should be lucky to have me!"

...and then prepare to get smacked....all...while....racing.

fibersrt-4

A top of the line neon
Established Member
? i can say why its fun to drive my wifes geo metro...its like a damn go cart- its handle like crazy, it just cant go when you ask it to lol damn 1.0l

cody_288

Established Member
ElGato said:
Nothing in the world like putting your foot to the floor and letting "D" do all the work for you. AND you can talk to you g/f while doing it.

"See that honey, I smoked him, I am the greates, you should be lucky to have me!"

...and then prepare to get smacked....all...while....racing.

I was talking to her, and I did get smacked...o well

Users who are viewing this thread