Why are convertible's so much cheaper?

xenon

Established Member
I am not sure if it's the same in the US but here in Canada convertibles are $30,000 but the coupe's are between $36k-$40k.

I can't justify speniding $6k more for a coupe, especially when the convertibles were more expensive new.

PERCULATOR

Banned
NOW THATS PERSONAL GUY, U DONT MIND IF I CALL U GU
Convertibles are more expensive here in the United States. In Canada the weather is much cooler and im sure there are few months in the year you can actually enjoy a ride with the top down. Coupes are faster because they are liter and it makes sense that in Canada with cold weather the coupes would be more expensive.

xenon

Established Member
PERCULATOR said:
Convertibles are more expensive here in the United States. In Canada the weather is much cooler and im sure there are few months in the year you can actually enjoy a ride with the top down. Coupes are faster because they are liter and it makes sense that in Canada with cold weather the coupes would be more expensive.

Interesting.

It makes perfect sense.. thanks :)

vtsteevo

Established Member
U1arunit said:
It's not that way in the area where I live.

+1. It took me 3 months to find a cobra that I liked and in all the searches I've found that verts are around 2k more expensive then the coupes, but it also depends on the time of the year... I bet the 2k margin goes down drastically in the winter.

Last edited:

Cobrakai04

Established Member
Here where I live in Canada Coupes are alot cheaper. You can drive with you top down from March to October. It makes no sense to me though why coupes would be more expensive up there. Its not like anyone drives there terminator in the winter anyways.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I'll sell you my '04 Cobra coupe for $40k. :-D

:lol: I'm just kidding... I'm not selling, but I expect it's because of the weather because over here in So Cal the convertible's are more expensive.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Verts cost more then Coupes to build, no matter where you live. Cars are made to be driven!!! Maybe you could drive to warm weather???:idea: And who hasn't taken a drive in the winter on a nice sunny day and dropped the top??? Verts being cheaper makes no sense at all, anywhere.

xenon

Established Member
y2k_pony said:
Here where I live in Canada Coupes are alot cheaper. You can drive with you top down from March to October. It makes no sense to me though why coupes would be more expensive up there. Its not like anyone drives there terminator in the winter anyways.

Have you checked the AutoTrader in all of Ontario?

It makes me sick the prices they are asking for these Coupes.

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
xenon said:
I am not sure if it's the same in the US but here in Canada convertibles are $30,000 but the coupe's are between $36k-$40k.

I can't justify speniding $6k more for a coupe, especially when the convertibles were more expensive new.

I noticed your in Ottawa, work brought me there a couple years back I lived in Hunt club, still have friends there. It’s beautiful in the summer and fall but man those winters suck. Anyway I’m not sure if verts are less than coupes used there were definitely less verts that I noticed running around, but I think that was solely due to the practicality of the environment.

ASVT2NV

Insane And Rising....
Established Member
coupes are only a tenth of a second quicker than a vert.. not enough to really compare lol unless you wanna nickle and dime it

CobraO4

Tuned by HBH
Established Member
Here in Florida, I was surprised that the Shelby coupes are going for about 5K more than verts even thought the MSRP is higher on the vert. It's all about supply and demand and the area you are in.

SN8KBITN

New SVT user
Established Member
xenon said:
Have you checked the AutoTrader in all of Ontario?

It makes me sick the prices they are asking for these Coupes.

I'll sell you my 03 Whippled coupe for 37K..........i'm a few hours away!

T.O.Snake

Established Member
y2k_pony said:
Its not like anyone drives there terminator in the winter anyways.

Speak for yourself! :rockon:

..and I got my vert for a friggin' STEAL. It was one of the last ones on the lot as they were clearing room for the new 05 body style GTs. Got it for $14k (cdn) off list :thumbsup:

Fastphil

Bagged.
Established Member
I got my 'vert form a guy in Sarnia, and it was cheaper than a lot of the slightly modded coupes I saw. Then there were the heavily modded ones that were way too expensive, and the modded ones that were way too cheap. Watch out for those! I saw several coupes and 'verts in the mid-30k range this spring when I was hunting for a Terminator.

You just have to keep your eyes peeled and check auto trader`s website at least once a day, and call as soon as you see one you`re interested in. I missed out on a very low mileage 10th for a great price in Windsor, and ended up with a 03 for a couple grand more, but that was a couple months later.

Users who are viewing this thread