why are cobras sell like crazy

crazygn

Established Member
ive been looking at the 03-04 cobras but it seems like nobody is keeping them , why, they all sell with like 3,000 to 20,000 miles. Are they not holding up, engines , rears, insureance to high iam lost.

i love the cars but dont want to spend 25-30,000 and be a big problem.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
crazygn said:
ive been looking at the 03-04 cobras but it seems like nobody is keeping them , why, they all sell with like 3,000 to 20,000 miles. Are they not holding up, engines , rears, insureance to high iam lost.

32k on mine with plenty of HP and no issues here :beer:

03CobraBro

Established Member
The top 3 reasons people get rid of there 03/04's is Gas prices, bit off more than they could chew, and now alot of them are trading off in hopes of getting there hands on the infamous 07 GT500.

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
i would say gas prices, insurance could be a shock too if not researched before the purchase, maintenance, and some people just sell them to buy a family car, or they are having a family, buying a home, etc.

tvguy

crazygn said:

Start emailing the sellers to see why their car is for sale. Get personal. I bet you'll find a financial decision is behind most of the sales. 03/04 Cobras have been out for quite some time now, and save for some early problems in the beginning, it's now a given they were built quite stout. In fact that's an understatement. Read about the HP #'s people are making and having no breakdowns with these cars or engines. They are more than holding up. In fact I think they are some of the best engines Ford has EVER produced.
pacotaco

crazygn

Established Member
what are the weak points if any at all. also what does the stock rear hold up to , i was told they break pretty easy , probably not that true.

if i bought one it would need to last motor and trans that is, what would be a safe rwhp to stay at , iam talking last over 75,000 or so because i plan to keep what i get next.

thanks for helping the new guy out

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
pacotaco said:
In fact I think they are some of the best engines Ford has EVER produced.
pacotaco
I would not go there!!!!
The 302ci. (5.0L) was the best engine FORD EVER produced...

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
SmokenGRA03 said:
I would not go there!!!!

Would a factory 302 shortblock hold 600rwhp with proper mods for long?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
crazygn said:
what are the weak points if any at all. also what does the stock rear hold up to , i was told they break pretty easy , probably not that true.

if i bought one it would need to last motor and trans that is, what would be a safe rwhp to stay at , iam talking last over 75,000 or so because i plan to keep what i get next.

thanks for helping the new guy out

Diff cover and halfshafts are the main weak points.

Stiffer bushings, diff brace, stronger halfshafts... it all depends on what you want to do with the car :pepper:

inteller

Established Member
unless you can pay to play, the gas and ins prices kills the deal for a lot of people. daddy can only afford the brat son's cobra tab for so long.

tvguy

SmokenGRA03 said:
I would not go there!!!!

Hi, I'm SmokenGRA03. I'm smoken.......CRACK!!!! Give me a break with the 5.0.
pacotaco

03CobraBro

Established Member
WizardsCobra said:
I'd say they probably just get bored.

I would agree with that but... Anything I'v driven since this car is dull as hell. Tried to test drive an 05 GT yesterday... My god I was almost trying to slide my ass back and fourth on the seat trying to get it to move faster.

To get bored with an 03, means you're going to be bored with just about anything cheaper than 50k, thats for sure.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
crazygn said:

$200 a week in gas helps speed up the decision.

crazygn

Established Member
will be driving it here and there but really a weekend car with hittigthe track every blue moon, would be nice to hav a 11 sec every day driver

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
I know I get bored with my car so, the only way to fix that is by modding it. I think a lot of people don't feel like modding there car and are bored with it so they sell it. The guy I bought my car sold it because he never used it he said. Now he wants another one because he misses it. There's a lot of people on this site that have sold there 03-04 Cobra and realized how much they missed there car so, they went out and bought another one.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
crazygn said:
will be driving it here and there but really a weekend car with hittigthe track every blue moon, would be nice to hav a 11 sec every day driver

Thats why Ive got mine :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread