Why 5.0's owners aren't doing Long tube headers mod?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I would like to do them just for the sound. In all sincerity, I hate the way these cars sound and I have been through more mufflers than just about anyone out there. With tubes, it is an entirely different deal. I have a friend with a shop and a lift. I could do them there, although he swore that he would take the engine out of the next '11-'13 that wanted to do long tubes. LOL. I would need to find a set that is compliant with my tuner's needs. That means a set where the O2s are not too far downstream of the heads. I think Kooks puts them in the primary tubes.

Mike

I think the kooks are in the collector but the are more of a mid length than a longtube. If I had to do it all over again with the issues I had I would go that route.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Yeah? Show us, I'm curious. A link or cut and paste would be helpful.

search it yourself theres plenty of dyno charts here, im not your go-for, I make claims that has proof, if you want it you will find it

also if a tune and mid pipe nets you 18 RWHP and headers midpipe and tune net 25rwhp is it really worth spending an extra 1000 on 7hp when the curves are very similar? with equal drivers and equal mods t takes at least 30+hp to pull on a same makes

Last edited:

GeorgeInNePa

Established Member
search it yourself theres plenty of dyno charts here, im not your go-for, I make claims that has proof, if you want it you will find it

also if a tune and mid pipe nets you 18 RWHP and headers midpipe and tune net 25rwhp is it really worth spending an extra 1000 on 7hp when the curves are very similar? with equal drivers and equal mods t takes at least 30+hp to pull on a same makes

The person making the claims is expected to provide the proof.

Users who are viewing this thread