Whuring noise comming from axle?

K Stang

Spooolin'
Established Member
Whats up guys? hopefully you can help me out here.

The past few months iv been having trouble with whuring noises comming from somewhere around the car. My friend suggested that i change my front wheel bearing which i did and it didnt help anything. Iv come to realize that all the noise is comming from somewhere in the back (near the axle maybe?).. are there any bearings in the axle? if so where can i get replacements and how do i go about changing them or even finding out if thats the problem.

btw when its warmer out it gets louder, and when im on the highway its loud but when i turn left its not as loud, but when i turn right it gets realy loud.

any help would be awsome. thanks guys

-kenny

BelvedereGTX

Banned
you do have axle bearings. I would change them first. If that doesnt fix the noise then you might want to have new gears installed. What u do is this. You have to pull your rear brake assembly off next pull diff cover and pull the pin in diff, then pull c-clips and remove axles. Next your gonna need a slide hammer to remove old bearings , then etc,etc. I dont have time to give full explanation but at least you know what your dealing with. Should take you if its your first time, around 2-3 hours to complete the job.

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
And you can pick up some rear bearings for like 10 bucks at autozone. I bought some cuz I have a similar noise I jsut haven't gotten around to it.

Users who are viewing this thread