whose from the pittsburgh area?

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I go to school in Indiana.. There arent too many nice SVT's in my area... however they do come out of the woodworks when we go to Pittsburgh raceway park..

anyone else go?

Let me know!!

also, are there any good speed shops in our area?

Im gonna need a dyno tune real bad.... soon.

-Homer

Steel City

Banned
For a good dyno tune I would head out to http://www.kauffmanmotorsports.com. Dave tuned my 2003 gt and did a real nice job. Thats the only place I know within driving distance that would be worth it. Just stay away from ASAP by Ed on rt 8 in hampton twp.

See you at PRP!

:beer:

rmvurhdfmurass

Established Member
How about what they did with Keysto....er Pittsburgh Raceway Park. The place used to be a $hithole.... I haven't been, but a lot of people tell me it's really nice now. I used to go up there on test and tune night and try to avoid the potholes....

Steel City

Banned
Originally posted by rmvurhdfmurass
How about what they did with Keysto....er Pittsburgh Raceway Park. The place used to be a $hithole.... I haven't been, but a lot of people tell me it's really nice now. I used to go up there on test and tune night and try to avoid the potholes....

Yeah, its actually not too bad. I've bee to a lot nicer tracks but from what I understand it's a lot better now then when it was keystone. Check out there website for recent changes. When it opens in April there will be Friday night street wars from 7-12, gates open at 6. There will also be a Wednesday t&t as well. See you guys out there soon!

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Hey all, my home base is Latrobe PA. I am out on the road right now traveling with my job. Maybe if I get a break this summer we will be able to meet up.

Later
Jason

Gastrader1

Established Member
The local chapter of the SVTOA is hosting a Dyno Day on April 10. We are also hosting two Test and Tunes at Quaker City Raceway, June 13 and September 12. Gates open at 9 AM racing and car show begins at 10 AM - 6 PM. Trophies to be given to all winners. All cars are welcome. Contact Dave Untch at 330-783-2078 or [email protected] or Brian Shafranek at 412-922-0693 or [email protected] for more information.

03 stallion

turbo dreams........
Established Member
Hey guys, just wanted to say "whats up". I'm from Monroeville, and I've got an 03 Mach 1. I only had it at Keystone once last summer (first time I ever drag raced). I plan on bringing it up much more this summer, but first I need some better tires! I'll have to look for some of you fellow mustangers up there. By the way, does Laurel Mountain Mustang have a dyno? Anyone been there?

-Thanks
-Dan:beer:

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
Originally posted by 03 stallion
Hey guys, just wanted to say "whats up". I'm from Monroeville, and I've got an 03 Mach 1. I only had it at Keystone once last summer (first time I ever drag raced). I plan on bringing it up much more this summer, but first I need some better tires! I'll have to look for some of you fellow mustangers up there. By the way, does Laurel Mountain Mustang have a dyno? Anyone been there?

-Thanks

What's up Dan, Myself and Bonecrusher are both here in murrysville just a stone throw away. Maybe we can hook up for Keystone or a cruise sometime this summer. :rockon: :thumbsup:

Steel City

Banned
Originally posted by 03 stallion

-Thanks

Dan,

Laurel deal in parts only, no dyno. If your just looking to make some baseline pulls there is a dyno jet in Washington PA. If your looking for some dyno tuning the best I can find within driving distance is Kauffman Motorsports in York PA. What color is your Mach?

Mike

fubu795

Banned
Don't forget about me over here in Penn Hills, lol. I'll definitly be up keystone this summer a bunch (when my car is legal again that is).

Users who are viewing this thread