Who's twin turbo kit works better for our cobra's

Red BOLT99

Established Member
Hello all,
So I got a wild hair to start looking for a twin kit for the cobra.
I like the kits with the twins down in the bumper, I'm thinking that way I just run everything under the hood stock looking.
Meaning I gut the eaton, or run a older cobra intake setup.
I know those turbos being so low. Makes them prone to have more issues compared to having them higher.
Also I work at a full fab/machine shop so I'm thinking about building my own kit like those that make theirs with the turbos down low.
My 1st lightning was converted to single 80mm turbo setup years ago. And I told myself after all the headaches that gave me I'd never touch turbos again.
So now were here again.
If I could get some feed back from some turbo guys on if they could do it all over again, if they would have just stuck with a bigger blower..
If anyone has any of their own build links, the search function hasn't been working for me lately even in advanced search it doesn't work for me..
So any info would be greatly appreciated.
oh and my goal is 750-1000 on E85

MG0h3

Established Member
If you're remembering all the headaches id just run a big blower. I think about it as well but I just stop and remember how much work it was. Maybe when I'm retired and have nothing else to do. If I did go turbo, I would def do a high mount. Less crap to deal with.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
The kit that put them in the bumper was HP. If you can find a used one go for it, otherwise you'll have to fab your own. And 750-1000 is a big spread. If you want to make 1000whp, you aren't going to do that with a supercharger.

modular89

Established Member
I would definitely go with the high mount turbos that use gravity drain for the oil vs having to use a scavenger pump. When I had twins on mine behind the bumper it would smoke like my diesel anytime I got on it hard due to the oil backup.

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
Just be prepared to spend $$$$$$$$ even though you're doing it yourself.. especially with a custom kit. Ask me how I know lol

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Just be prepared to spend $$$$$$$$ even though you're doing it yourself.. especially with a custom kit. Ask me how I know lol

Can't agree to this one enough.

Engineering wise the in-engine-bay ones mean less lag and better oiling, but packaging is a nightmare, especially if you do it yourself. Part of me wishes I just got one of the off the shelf bumper mount kits and just bolted it all up in a weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread