Whos spraying on e-85?

da2k17

Established Member
i built my car for n20 expecting to use it on e-85 but just read that the n20 is so cold combined with the cooler burning alcohol it may not work so well.

with that said what size shot are you guys getting away with without any issues?

im planning on a 150 wet shot on 93, maybe 50 or 75 on e85.

ive got the fuel system to support anything, lethals triple return system and 105lb injectors with posi ported eaton, 2.8 and 4lb, comp nitrous s/c cams and je n20 s/c pistons.

i know the injectors are big but i was expecting a big blower, the build had a few set backs and i didnt have the cash for it.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
gimme a week or 2 and will let you know

Ive talked to a couple E85 guru's that said the nitrous / blower would be fine....

04gtstang

Established Member
Yes the heat of the blower should help things a ton...most of the problems arise in N/A apps and mainly low compression apps that are using big shots to spool a large turbo. Some guys were flat out blowing out the ignition due to it being so cold...it dropped below the spark ignition temperature of the fuel lol.

Last edited:

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
nos

Ok so has anyone figured anything out as far as timing goes with e-85 and Nos, rule of thumb is 2 degrees for every 50

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
like I said in the pm, I was told to treat it like gas. I pulled 4 degree's for a 75 shot and you saw my results...:banana:

da2k17

Established Member
i didnt even spray on e85. he was having too hard a time tuning with it, we didnt feel it was safe.

da2k17

Established Member
yea the car wouldnt richen up when he was trowing more fuel at it. we had to raise the fuel pressure way up to get the AF where it needed to be. something wasnt working right, everything went smooth on 93 though.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
yea the car wouldnt richen up when he was trowing more fuel at it. we had to raise the fuel pressure way up to get the AF where it needed to be. something wasnt working right, everything went smooth on 93 though.

thats not good. injectors should have been fine even at base pressure. with 3 pumps it was losing fuel pressure?

da2k17

Established Member
im really not sure as i dont understand a lot of the tuning process. from what i remember he was adjusting injector pulse to give more fuel as it was lean but no matter how much more he gave it the AF wouldnt come down. he called a SCT rep and was on the phone with him for 45 min and they couldnt figure it out. i suggested raising the pressure on the regulator and we tried that and it worked but he said thats not how it should be done so we didnt feel it was safe to spray on top of that. my base pressure was 39lbs we had to take it to 65 to get the e85 AF in the right spot.

we didnt have a single issue on the 93 tune or the n20 tune, only with e85.

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
im really not sure as i dont understand a lot of the tuning process. from what i remember he was adjusting injector pulse to give more fuel as it was lean but no matter how much more he gave it the AF wouldnt come down. he called a SCT rep and was on the phone with him for 45 min and they couldnt figure it out. i suggested raising the pressure on the regulator and we tried that and it worked but he said thats not how it should be done so we didnt feel it was safe to spray on top of that. my base pressure was 39lbs we had to take it to 65 to get the e85 AF in the right spot.

we didnt have a single issue on the 93 tune or the n20 tune, only with e85.

65!!!! yes something is way way wrong. Im pretty sure him messing with the injector pulse width was the problem. We did my car on VP109, drained the tank and put the E85 in and it was dead on in 2 pulls. Only thing we changed (I believe) was the stoich of the fuel type being used. Once you change that it adjusts everything else in the tune to work correctly.

maybe he has never used E85 before but I might look elsewhere to go if thats how it went down

da2k17

Established Member
he told me he did a bunch of e85 cars before, i have no reason to doubt him. i know when i came to him from another tuner i didnt make much more power but the car ran a whole lot better. he definitively knows what hes doing.

when we tuned on 93 we only made 2-3 passes and it was dead on, then did 2 nitrous pulls and it was perfect.

i use johnny lightning
.: Johnny Lightning Performance

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
he told me he did a bunch of e85 cars before, i have no reason to doubt him. i know when i came to him from another tuner i didnt make much more power but the car ran a whole lot better. he definitively knows what hes doing.

when we tuned on 93 we only made 2-3 passes and it was dead on, then did 2 nitrous pulls and it was perfect.

i use johnny lightning
.: Johnny Lightning Performance

now im even more surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread