Who's running a full 3" with IRS, midpipe back?

DevilSun

Established Member
Yeah, Kooks has to make a full 3" mid x. That's exactly what the 3" mid they crimp down to 2.5" is...it's a full pipe tapered down in the last few inches - and I remember being asked if I wanted the full 3" mid pipe and declined because of my exhaust.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Gotcha.. right on. God I can't wait until Magnaflow releases that exhaust and I'm able to finally get my car sounding the way I want it to.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
More updates. I spoke with Nick, owner and the HMFIC of American Racing Headers. He has assured me that he can build the midpipe to accommodate whatever I would like as far as mating up to a catback.

As for catbacks, he had a very smart and obvious answer: buy whatever 3" you want, and if it tapers down to 2.5" to mate up with the midpipe, have someone cut it and reweld in 3" flange! In addition, he can provide those flanges.

His response to my question via email took about 30 minutes too, so needless to say, I will be ordering a full ARH 1-7/8" header system with 3" collectors and 3" midpipe. Can't beat quality products and amazing customer service!

Last edited:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
More updates. I spoke with Nick, owner and the HMFIC of American Racing Headers. He has assured me that he can build the midpipe to accommodate whatever I would like as far as mating up to a catback.

As for catbacks, he had a very smart and obvious answer: buy whatever 3" you want, and if it tapers down to 2.5" to mate up with the midpipe, have someone cut it and reweld in 3" flangs! In addition, he can provide those flanges.

His response to my question via email took about 30 minutes too, so needless to say, I will be ordering a full ARH 1-7/8" header system with 3" collectors and 3" midpipe. Can't beat quality products and amazing customer service!

Or you could have scored the 3" mid-pipe and 3" cat-back from JBA!

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
I have read some negative things about the JBA catback fit. I could use it or the Bassani, Mac, or even flowmaster still though. It's nice to have options.

DevilSun

Established Member
Nice! I keep looking at my 1 3/4" in there and think the placement and design is excellent, but is quite tight in some areas. (Glad I didn't put them in hehe)

Users who are viewing this thread