Who's running a cutout(s)?

MTBSully

Established Member
Who is running a cutout or cutouts on there turbo setup? Right now I have a 3" downpipe running back to a Borla Stinger catback. It sounds pretty good but I also would like the option of that open downpipe sound I had when I was running around breaking in the clutch. Where did you mount your cutouts, and what brand did you go with? Any problems? Post pictures if you have them.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I ran a DMH 3" cutout. Have also ran a 4" on another build No problems at all. Mounted it to the downpipe.

Here is the 3"
cutout2.JPG

Here is the 4"
Undercar3.JPG

rlhay2

Established Member
Dual electric QTPs here. Mounted under the car.

+100 rwhp when the cutouts are open!!

MTBSully

Established Member
Nice. I had a DMH on my last car and it was nice but when it did break the guy was a PAIN to get a hold of. I just want something that works and won't leak

itSSlow98

Established Member
Dmh here also and couldn't imagine not having it. I put it right by the transmission though. Obviously the further forward the better though. Big difference in spool time and power with it open.

Eatonualive281

Established Member
I used dmh dual 3.5in oval cut outs. I mounted them right on the x pipe on the outside of the bend before the x. I didn't have much to any gains because my exhaust is pretty unrestrictive to begin with. But the sound is amazing! Money we'll spent.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Dual electric QTPs here. Mounted under the car.

+100 rwhp when the cutouts are open!!

+100rwhp? You either A: Had a SERIOUS restriction and backpressure. Or B: Picked up a few #s of boost when opening the cutout.......

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Running 4" DP to a 4" QTP cutout. Mine dumps right near my trans on the drivers side. Sounds amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread