Who's running a boost a spark, issues...

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Well I can't narrow it to this just yet but curious if anyone has had issues with a boost a spark? Below I've posted a video of my cars current issue. Starts up needing quite a few extra revolutions like its not getting spark. Take it down the road and once I hit about 2500rpm goes to like a limp mode and seems like its drowning with fuel but has a constant 16:00 AFR and runs like dog shit. Then, if I rev it up or really throttle it for a big then I can get it to clear up, like an old carbureted set up. Did a data log and all seems normal other than the left bank starts to completely command a different AFR. Changed the 02 sensors and then swapped them and left bank still does it, changed plugs as well...kinda scratching my head here, even pulled most connections and sprayed with cleaner and no hope... Anyone with similar issues??

20130901_111909.mp4 - YouTube

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
At WOT there are no issues. Been battling this a while but getting worse, I used to be able to shut car off then back on and it would go away.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Isn't 16 a little high even for no boost?
Subscribing...

Yes but it's at like 2k rpm. If I get into boost and push through it then it goes away. Its really when the car goes into closed loop I have an issue. Something is feeding back to command different AFR to each bank and don't know why.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
did you try it with the adaptive fueling turned off ??

In the tune? I don't think it's anything in a tune as they don't just go bad all the sudden. And it's an intermittent problem that I would think if the tune has a problem it would command this problem at all times. I think maybe it's an ignition issue or spark, I'll report back after the weekend plan to check every connection with this car and swap things from one side of motor to the other to find problem to see when fuel issue switches banks.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Try logging your fuel pids see if you see anything weird with rail pressure sensor or drop off. Maybe a clogged injector on that side. You could rule out injectors being bad by swapping the 4 on the passenger side with the 4 on the drivers and see if the problem still happens on the same bank.

Users who are viewing this thread