whos running a 2step on automatic car

CPRsm

About to do this myself. Wotbox did NOT work on my '12, going MSD this time. Might wire it to the hazard button.

Did you change the lockout Rpm? I know that gives people a lot of problems. A guy will usually stage the car and as he's creeping into the lights he's aboe lockout and the boxes doesn't activate the two step.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
how about with a Paxton car? also whats the part number?

It works good on a paxton car. You can pretty much have it to the floor when you take off.

Just have to do some playing with the settings to find out where the car likes to be.

We have a turbo car with a circle D 1B and we could 2 step it to about 2400-2500 to build boost.

Here is a link to the 2 step
MSD 2011-up 5.0 Two Step Launch Controller - Justin's Performance Center

We also have a package with our line lock
JPC Track Package (2 Step & Line Lock) 2011+ Mustang GT / Boss - Justin's Performance Center

CPRsm

You have to be under the set RPM by 1000 rpm in order for it to work.
That's where a lot of people have trouble w wot boxes. You can adjust that on a wot box by rpm or shut if off. It's nice because you don't have to be completely floored by that rpm, or completely floored. You can adjust the boost or launch violence by pedal %.

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Did you change the lockout Rpm? I know that gives people a lot of problems. A guy will usually stage the car and as he's creeping into the lights he's aboe lockout and the boxes doesn't activate the two step.

Yeah I messed with all the settings extensively. It just didn't work right on my car, and have heard lots of similar stories. Some PCM cal codes they like, mine wasn't one of them.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
I had my msd 2 step on a momentary button that id push once im staged and just let go of the break and button together....screwed up a couple times cuz im not use to letting go of buttons...lol. Converted the momentary button to an actual on/off arming switch and put the activation onto the brake light switch...now its just stage hit the break,mash the throttle and let go of the break to launch....gonna try it out first time tomorrow hopefully. works flawlessly in my driveway...lol

Users who are viewing this thread