who's really going to ra

kevin

hey guys - i've posted this before, but now it's time to take count.

based on brian's earlier post on another thread (thanks brian, it is a team effort after all, right?), i called svt (actually i had to for other reasons, but) to ask about their participation at ra. steve said he was hoping they could come (he was the same steve at hallet a couple of weeks ago). he has yet to make a formal request. i asked if it would help his argument to know how many r's and of what years would be coming. he said no guarantees, but if he knew the number it would strenghten his position.

so how bout it? how many insanely committed car/track junkies do we have?

i know i'm going (00r) and a friend of mine out of the chicago area is going (95r).

there's 27 cars on the list, plus one more to add today from a followup post (i think). and my friend. so that's a possible 29. (i know the guys on the west coast may not make it, cause that is a hual for a weekend)

WHO ELSE? ( notice i used caps, and i almost never do THAT).

kevin.#22,#41,#80

Cobra-R

Established Member
I am bringing this back to the top, we need to get more of us comming. Come on guys, if you have never open tracked, try it. It is a blast, and believe me, your first time will be alot more fun with other R owners to help you out. It is very nice having someone you know there to help get things set and ride with. I'm sure everyone here will be more than willing to help out anyone else that has problems or questions, so please consider comming. Like Kevin said, we need more 93 and 95 R owners there.

Thanks Brian

BRIMSTONE

I called passport transport to get a shipping quote. Haven't gotten a call back yet. If it's within a reasonable price and they have good insurance, I will try to make it for at least a portion of the event, being on the track with all the other R's is something I don't wanna miss.

kevin

brimy - you'll get the long distance award for sure, and be the "man" for doing so. (don't forget to register with northwoods tho).

kevin.#22,#41,#80

kevin

dean, thanks. good read and helpful to know. i'm signed up for the timing, but will wait to see what friday looks like b4 following thru on the timing part.

it sounds like the 00r's would then be timing against themselves. is that right? if i read the class structure (i'm a slow reader and even slower understander). also, the thropy part i'm guessing is for overall times not by class of car.

also, what does it take to join scmc?

kevin.#22,#41,#80

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Originally posted by kevin
it sounds like the 00r's would then be timing against themselves. is that right? if i read the class structure (i'm a slow reader and even slower understander

That's what it sounds like. Depending on how many '00Rs actually make it, I guess you guys could have a class by yourselves. I think it would be hard to group the 00Rs with anythings else.

I'm not sure about the Trophy thing, but I would think they would give trophys to each class.

As far as the club thing, I will tell you that we have a great group of members. The membership is only $15 and we have some great vendors that offer us discounts. Just ask Brian about his discount from Kenny Brown on his cooler.

We are not very strong west of the Mississippi but of course we are trying to gain membership. I'm not sure the Tony (Club President) could stand having a 3rd 00R owner as a member, I think he would just fall over and go into convulsions! LOL He loves the new R.

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
LOL Well, you could say that Brian and I give him a hard time any chance we get. We all have a good time jabbing each other but it's all in good fun.

We would love for you to come on board.

kevin

here's the count so far for ra. let me know if i missed anyone.

00r: kevin, brian (cobra-r), joej, paul (svtguy), terry (a guy on scoa). (missing a few here guys). TOTAL: 5

95r: dean, tim (a friend of mine). TOTAL: 3

93r: jimb (from scoa). TOTAL: 1

i've had a few more asking about next year. is it safe to assume same in 2002?

kevin.#22,#41,#80

Cobra-R

Established Member
Kevin,
There is a guy from I believe the Chicago area that I'm almost positive will be there with his 00R. As far as I know he hasn't come in to this forum, but Dean and I met him at RA in April. His name is Fred and seems to really be a nice guy.

I would say that we could start making plans for a event mext year. What does everyone else think?

Brian

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
His name is Fred Fetzer but I do not have his email address.

Next year sounds great. As I cruise around the boards, it's amazing how far a lot of people are traveling to come to this event. There are a lot of open track heavy hitters coming (kevin is in this group also ;-) ) Everyone talks like this is one of the best events of the year.

Count me in for next years event. Hopefully I will be a little more prepared by this time next year.

kevin

i, for one am looking forward to ra. i do a lot of short tracks (<2 miles) and would like to do the longer ones more often (ra, vir).

p.s. i tried to down load the membership form for scmc. emailed to get help.

kevin.#22,#41,#80

Users who are viewing this thread