Who's in Okinawa?

Steve03SVT

Semper Fi
Established Member
Im sitting in Seattle right now waiting on my flight to Oki. Ill be at Camp Hansen with 7th Comm Bn. If anybody is there, let me know.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Good luck. Hansen isnt the greatest but Oki overall is pretty kickass.

Single or taking family?

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
Like Rubenk said Hansen Is kind of a shithole... Kin (city outside the gate of Hansen) has cleaned up alot and has some pretty good places to eat... check out Mickeys... and stay away from the Blue Moon and the drinky bars unless you want to pay $20 for some filipino to jerk your gerkin.

Aside from that have fun in Naha & Gate 2 street. The scuba diving is amazing as well.

MustangSteveGT

Buck
Established Member
I was in Okinawa in Hansen with 3rd Medical BN for a few years. The worst place I've been imo. That's just my opinion though.
It was good for my career but I hated the command and all the rules and regulations with a passion.
It sucks to be a junior grade enlisted on that island to begin with, not to mention being in a command like the one I was in.
Okinawa isnt main land Japan. It's a major sausage fest with a lot of regulations, probably the most strict liberty restrictions in the fleet unless you count training commands and deployment zones.
It's a nice place to be if your an alcoholic though.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I will be @ Schwab @ the end of next month- This will be my 5th tour in Oki. Oki isn't that bad. But EVERY duty station is what you make of it. You can be happy or miserable anywhere you go. Hell, some of my troops in Hawaii bitched about being stationed there.:nonono:

The good things about Oki:
-Awesome beaches
-Okinawans are incredible if you make the effort to get to know them.
-The night life is pretty good
-the FOOD almost everywhere you go is amazing (the club on Hanson is one of the best on the island
-You have the opportunity to travel other places close by for cheap, Guam, Hawaii, Korea, Hong Kong, Mainland Japan, Singapore, Thailand etc
-Historical sights (not just WWII either)
-Tons of off duty education to take advantage of.

If you go out and see the island and do things you will have a GREAT time. If you sit in your barracks or house and do nothing but drink beer you will be miserable and fat.

Just my .02- enjoy your time over there.:beer:

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
when you get there look for a marine named Jimmy Christi, i believe hes a lance... lance christi...he does comms...if u run into him tell him ryan says your a ***

Users who are viewing this thread