Who's had to drive their car to the dealer in the rain?

Tin Knocker

Established Member
If you made an appointment for service at the dealer and it was going to rain that day would you cancel and make it for another day?

CobraSS

Established Member
Same here. Daily driver, but mine spends most of it's time at the dealer anyhow :)

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
I bought mine while it was raining. Proceeded to spin the tires everywhere I went, it was a lot of fun.

NCStanger

Established Member
Mine isn't a daily driver, so I watch weather reports and drive it only on sunny days. I'm not worried if it does rain on it some, it's not going to melt away. I really worry mostly about bad thunderstorms in the summers around here as they possibly could produce hail and that's one word I don't want to hear when I'm out some place in the cobra. A little acid rain won't hurt a thing though.

Orange Poison

Established Member
Knocker..

I't funny you mention this....this happens to me all the time. I actually lose sleep over it. I would change my appointment. The service writers know we are anal about these cars. I would.....I alwasys have to fricken check Accuweather before I book my appointment

hj16

Established Member
Daily Driver. Its been driven in the snow and salt too. Once it was even outside during a hail storm!!! I was shitting my pants the whole time. Luckily no damage at all.

2veloce

Established Member
Yes I probably would.

When I lived in Ohio, I had my 99 taken by rollback to the dealer to have the '99 fix done as the weather looked like it was going to snow. The dealer was great. They kept in inside overnight.

Steel City Pimp

Established Member
Mine isn't a daily driver but I try to drive it as much as I can. I would love to keep it out of anything other than perfect weather, but chances are you going to get caught in some rain anyways. Besides, do you think the dealer cares if your car gets rained on. I cant tell how many time I told the dealer to keep the car inside when it was in for more than a day. Every time I would go back to get it there would be rain spots and dust all over it. I hate dealerships!!

03MUSTANGSVT

Established Member
On two different ocassions I have cancelled my appointment with the dealer because of rain. My car may have seen rain prior to me buying it, but it will never again - God willing!!!

pgordon

Established Member
I prefer to drive in the rain, can slide around a bit without significant tire wear, do have to be carefull though.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Bought it and drove it home in the rain. Preferable to it sitting there out of my control.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I'll drive it in the rain if necessary, but I try to avoid it. If I have to drive it in the rain, it doesn't bother me. Wait until it starts snowing!! :eek:

At least they don't use salt on the local roads around here.

Users who are viewing this thread