Who's got the Mac axleback and

dlaude

Established Member
no resonators? I got the mac axle back for my wife and with everything else stock it sounds amazing. I am going to get a set for myself as well, and want 3" all the way back. I'm contemplating one of these two systems JEGS Performance Products 31162 JEGS 2011-12 Mustang GT Exhaust or JEGS Performance Products 31161 JEGS 2011-12 Mustang GT Exhaust I've heard it drones with no resonators, but I've only read that online. Also, I read that many people say it drones with everything else stock, but I don't have any drone at all. I have a nice exhaust note. And I do know drone, because I had the prochamber with chambered mufflers on my '04 Cobra and that had drone, but it was tolerable. I'd keep the stock cats. My set-up would be bbk shorties, stock cats, one of those 3" center linked above, and the mac axle backs. Anyone have anything similar, with cats but no resonators?

dlaude

Established Member
I read one member said it droned madstyle with no resonators, but I don't remember if that was with or without cats. Guess I'll be the guinea pig. With how quiet the exhaust is with very little throttle, I have a hard time imagining that it's THAT bad. Though I may be in for a rude awakening lol. Really want to keep with the macs because I haven't heard any others that I like near as much. Doesn't seem like there's much interest, but I'll keep you posted anyway lol.

grnenvy

Established Member
That's Heart throb exhaust or a copy of it. I have it on my car and its loud as hell unless u run a full muffler in the back. The quality is ok but knowing what I know now I would only buy stainless. My exhaust will need to be changed soon its all rusted up.

dlaude

Established Member
That's Heart throb exhaust or a copy of it. I have it on my car and its loud as hell unless u run a full muffler in the back. The quality is ok but knowing what I know now I would only buy stainless. My exhaust will need to be changed soon its all rusted up.

Yes, it's the same as Heart Throb. I'll be running a full muffler. I will definitely be going stainless, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread