Who's gone 9''s or close to? 6spd/full weight

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I've done some searches but haven't found much that's recent. Going into this year I would like to run lower 10's but would ultimately like to hit the 9 second mark in the future, gotta have goals!
I've looked up others on the forum who have broke the 9 second range with full'ish weight cars and it seems like I need to trap close to 140mph range.
Anyways, just seeing how close you guys think I can get or what weight/ 60' would make this obtainable.

Quick rundown on my car:
3600lb race weight. Give or take.
Ported upper/lower eaton 498hp/530tq
Nitrous spray bars(200shot)
6spd
Solid rearend 3:73
On a drag radial for now
(Stock k &a a-arms)

In progress:
Spherical bushing in the rear
ARB
Double adjustable uca lca
All will be Professionally adjusted.

Here was my best pass last year, only made 2. This was on 100shot.
Hopefully with all of this rearend work and proper setup the 60' will improve drastically.

CADFC0A5-1EA8-40EB-9EB5-E66ABE87476F_zpsiugt3oie.jpg

Thanks guys! Looking forward to the racing season!

Soap

Established Member
You are going to have a tall task hooking drag radials with a stick. I'd use slicks to chop down your 60' times.

140 mph in a stick should get you a high 9 with good driving.

Good luck.

--Joe

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
You are going to have a tall task hooking drag radials with a stick. I'd use slicks to chop down your 60' times.

140 mph in a stick should get you a high 9 with good driving.

Good luck.

--Joe
I have a set of 28-10.5-15's, don't have the front runners yet. little leery of running bias in the back and non bias in the front at these high speeds.

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
I saw a guy run in the high 8's at the SCT Orlando event this past weekend. It was a really nice sonic blue cobra. Not sure if he's a forum member

mkb116

Established Member
I don't know how your shifting is but a no lift shift box and fixing that 60' would put you dam close.

mustangcobratim

wannatry?
Established Member
What power level and 60'? I see the 3.4 whipple in your sig
So it only made 861 at the wheels at 5500rpm. We were blowing out the spark. The best 60 I got was a 1.35 with a slick. With shitty suspension. This year it has a turbo 400 with a brake and the total suspension has been redone! Plus more power!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I don't know how your shifting is but a no lift shift box and fixing that 60' would put you dam close.
Actually sold mine because I didn't want it to interfere with my progressive controller. I wasn't a huge fan of it

Users who are viewing this thread