who's cobra

motor_head

BLUE OVAL BULLY
Established Member
does anyone know who this cobra belongs to? -to the owner- could you post pics and what springs are you running?
2.gif

Last edited:

01SVT2894

Established Member
i can't figure out why people take the perfectly designed Cobra wheels off their cars... but, the Saleens look pretty sharp.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I think that car was bought and sold a couple times, not sure if the current owner is still on here.

There was an argument a year ago or so about what size wheels those are. I'm 100% confident they're 18's. Someone else seems to think they're 17's.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
I think that car was bought and sold a couple times, not sure if the current owner is still on here.

There was an argument a year ago or so about what size wheels those are. I'm 100% confident they're 18's. Someone else seems to think they're 17's.

I agree with ALL of the above. I spoke with a previous owner at one time and he confirmed the wheels were 18". Also, I believe the car is on Hellions site:

http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/images/customer gallery/fox body/IM001892.JPG
http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/images/customer gallery/fox body/IM001908.JPG
http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/images/customer gallery/fox body/IM001913.JPG

robertlyons

Established Member
i can't figure out why people take the perfectly designed Cobra wheels off their cars... but, the Saleens look pretty sharp.

Well, if you want/need to upgrade to 5-lugs, you can't use the original 93 CObra rims, nor the aftermarkets. Shame, I thought for sure they'd drill the aftermarkets for both 4 and 5 lugs.

There are two sets of Ford 93 Cobra 5-lug rims out there. I have a set. I lost contact with the guy who has the second set. I've been using them for street use with spacers and longer studs to clear the 93 CObra-R brake/suspension system I'm currently using. However, I have a set of Alcon B-calipers waiting to go on that will preclude me using them anymore. Haven't decided if I want to keep them or sell them.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Well, if you want/need to upgrade to 5-lugs, you can't use the original 93 CObra rims, nor the aftermarkets. Shame, I thought for sure they'd drill the aftermarkets for both 4 and 5 lugs.

There are two sets of Ford 93 Cobra 5-lug rims out there. I have a set. I lost contact with the guy who has the second set. I've been using them for street use with spacers and longer studs to clear the 93 CObra-R brake/suspension system I'm currently using. However, I have a set of Alcon B-calipers waiting to go on that will preclude me using them anymore. Haven't decided if I want to keep them or sell them.
Man, I've had pictures of your cobra cut out of magazines for years on end. Even from way before I got my first 93 back in '00. I'd imagine if anyone had a set of 5 lug cobra wheels, you'd be the one.

fivestangs

Established Member

robertlyons

Established Member
I don't see what the problem is drilling the rim for 5 lugs as opposed for 4 lug. On the Ford sets I have (the original 4 lug set plus the prototype 5 lug set) you can see it's the same cast. Ford just took the undrilled rim and set it for 5x4.5. Now, you can also tell the rim was designed for 4 lug because there is no way to drill the 5 holes without drilling through at least a little of the numbers cast into the hub.

BTW, I was told these were the original rims on the prototypes of the 93 R model. WHich is why I bought them. And, when I first tried to put them on my newly installed 93 R Model brake setup, I understood why they just went with the 94 GT rim. The 93 rim will not clear the PBR caliper. Boy, did that piss me off. It wasn't until my head cleared that I thought of pressing longer studs into the hub assembly and using a 7/16 spacer to clear the calipers. Would never do it on the track, but for street use it works, and keeps a stealth appearance.

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
19COBRA93 said:

Agreed!

I think a couple of people here are on the list? I don't have high hopes of them ever getting made but I figured it was worth the shot. :rollseyes

<---with fingers crossed

They are coming, patience is a virtue! As of today's update the run is about half over.

Users who are viewing this thread