Whos Cobra for sale?

88sc_gt

Cobra #4178
Established Member
saw it in lacey tonight, for sale tag on the window. started speeding up to check it out, and he thought i was messing with him i guess. so they did a quick punch and i heard what had to be a kb. dsg, stock chrome rims, tint is all i saw.

just wondering if anyone knew whos car it was/asking price? kicking around the idea of a fast car again. sold my car for the right reason, but damn i wish i could have kept it around sometimes.

88sc_gt

Cobra #4178
Established Member
dont think it was pauls car.

it was definately a kb or possibly a ported eaton.

your stepping out of the cobra too paul? not many left around here.

whippleblown03

Established Member
i thought about de-moding the thing and dumping it. probably going to keep it for now. my house is going to be sold in the next few weeks and my car and car lift are going to buddy mikes. then i got to decide on keeping my wife or dumping her! keeping the cobra and getting rid of the old lady just makes more sense right now! lol

DeeJayA

Fight For Your Mind
Established Member
BTW also saw two Cobras at 2 southend dealers 03 Redfire with 7K asking 29 plus at Infinity of Tacoma and a Yellow 03 Cobra with 31K no price listed at Lexus of Tacoma

Last edited:

wa_roush

Established Member
Why are these Cobras $$$ so high! The dealers are taking people heads off with them :lol:

03 Cobras whether they have 5,000 miles or 31K( not much of a mileage $$$ diff in NADA) are worth around $21,000 on trade in mint. A dealer would be reluctant to give them IF that. The procedure usually calls out for them to give about 2 grand back of that. So start negotiating below that. TRUST ME - Take it from someone that was in the biz. Dealers usually don't give dough for mods but if they do they usually consider 20% of the initial retail value for a blower or heads exhaust and other items don't count to them.

For example: I watched a guy trade in a virtually brand new Silver 03 Cobra with 600 miles on it for $19,000. It had the ticking head issue when it was sold brand new for $28,500 including rebates back of invoice. He was reluctant to take it. But not before he had one last hurrah in it. He took it out on the street infront of the dealership and ran it bouncing the rev limiter in first for about 1/4 mile right before the trade. What an A$$ clown! The car went to the shop and had a $200 repair to it. Then some guy from Microsoft traded in a Escalade for it and paid $29,400 for the Cobra. $900 more then brand new :lol: The Escalade was sold for $54,000 making the dealership around $28,000. All in all the dealership made hold back initially selling it to the first customer for $2,300. Then made $38,200 including the repair. The sales guy walked away with greased pockets that day for around ~$9,000 give or take a few dollars.

Can you say raped! Atleast the guy in the Silver 03 Cobra was happy he got a good deal on it.

Last edited:

Tylerb59

Established Member
Thinking about this more, I think I've met you before a few years ago at Burgermaster (2003).

You worked at Sound Ford. And I know exactly who that Microsoft Guy is.

Last edited:

wa_roush

Established Member
I never worked for Sound Ford. I did work at Evergreen Ford a while back. I went back into the aerospace biz since the car biz dried up with all the employee pricing and stuff. I did go to BM twice in 2003 =)

Last edited:

88sc_gt

Cobra #4178
Established Member
i got over 25k for my 03 cobra. bone ass stock except a catback and bumper inserts with 14k miles.

this was about 4 months ago. got it there after the initial offer of 22k from the dealer.

88sc_gt

Cobra #4178
Established Member
kinda am, not sure yet.

im having alot of fun with the quad. just kind of want something fun to drive beside my kia now :??: car/truck, dont know.

Users who are viewing this thread