Who's cams are you using ?

RI GT500

Established Member
I have an 07 with a VMP 4R70W it makes 700rwhp , the motor is coming out and I'm upgrading the piston's ,rods, oil pump , long tubes. I'm going to put new cams in it as well. Who's cams are you guy's using? Any dyno comparison's before and after? Thanks for any advice

RBB

Established Member
The most popular options seem to be JDM SS and L&M NSR cams. You'll pick up more power with the JDM cams, but you'll have the added expense of springs. There are some dyno sheets posted on the forum if you search....you'll see gains of 70-80 rwhp with the SS cams. I think L&M gains would be more like 40-50 rwhp.

RI GT500

Established Member
That's very good , we are actually upgrading my brothers Mach 1 and my Shelby so this is very good information. I will post my dyno improvments when it's done.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
BJ got an 80 hp bump with the L&M NSR cams on E75. I'm running something a little milder in terms of duration with Crower's Stage 3 N/A cams. It's got a little more lift and more aggressive ramps, but require springs. I previously had their Stage 2 blower cams and had great street manners, but with some timing upgrades, I went a little more aggressive. I didn't want to go too wild and drop idle vacuum that much and give up some of the lower rpm drivability. You'd be surprised how mild the stock cams are, so unless you want a choppy idle there's a quite a few options out there in between.

Users who are viewing this thread