Votes: 52 50.0%
  • Someone else and why?

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tarp02GT

I LOVE JESSICA ALBA
Established Member
Well after Texas stomped a mudhole in Texas Tech this weekend I think some people might be changing their minds about who's #1. Its true USC won a blowout as well but it was against a nobody. I am a die hard Longhorn, but I dont believe they should leapfrog USC YET! I think Texas has its best chance of passing USC when they play UCLA. I really think UCLA will beat USC. What does everyone else think?

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I am going to go with Texas. Only because I whooped up on USC with Texas in NCAA '06 on PS2. :)

-Jeff

tankerman1981

Established Member
well until USC loses a game I think they will be ranked Number #1 awhile but Texas is slowly gaining on them.... Texas keeps getting more and more number #1 votes each week.....

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
Tarp02GT said:
Well after Texas stomped a mudhole in Texas Tech this weekend I think some people might be changing their minds about who's #1. Its true USC won a blowout as well but it was against a nobody. I am a die hard Longhorn, but I dont believe they should leapfrog USC YET! I think Texas has its best chance of passing USC when they play UCLA. I really think UCLA will beat USC. What does everyone else think?

USC beat a nobody. When did TTU become a powerhouse? TTU was a paper team and the only way you couldn't see that is if you are either a blind Texas homer or know absolutely nothing about football. Until someone knocks USC off they are the number one team in the country.

sunburst six

Established Member
If things keep going the way they are, the Hokies are gonna be last year's Auburn. Damnit. They should at least get a chance.

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
sunburst six said:
If things keep going the way they are, the Hokies are gonna be last year's Auburn. Damnit. They should at least get a chance.

So should Georgia/Alabama if they were to go undefeated.

Rochard

Established Member
Sports is for gay men who enjoy watching other gay men in tight uniforms fondle and beat each other up on the field.

Keep in mind these fellows are multimillionaires who shower with each other.

tiredofchex

Established Member
Lmao. :lol: Funny

I like the longhorns, even though I'm an aggie at heart. I think USC is finally about to be knocked off the horse they rode in on. Brown finally put together a team that has the strength to put USC down.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
All I have to day is watch out for WVU for the next 2-4 years. Steve Slayton (True Freshman RB) Jason Gwaltney ( True Freshman RB and most recruited in the nation), Pat White (RS freshman QB) are going to put a hurt on some teams defense. 1993 was the last time we were in the National Championship game..it is time again.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
We have a grand total of 13 seniors on the whole team of which a chunk of them are not even starters.

Tarp02GT

I LOVE JESSICA ALBA
Established Member
Texas Tech may not be powerhouse, however they have an explosive offense. So going as far as calling them a paper team only thats way off.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
I think you guys might be neglecting VT. They haven't played any stellar teams but given the chance I think they could put up a hell of a fight against the better SEC teams. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who absolutely can not stand VT as my best friend goes there. I go to LSU now so I have to hate them.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Remember, this was all in one game, and no one older than a Sophomore even touched the ball. :) Sorry to keep hijacking. :)

smokey

Established Member
Slow04Cobra said:
So should Georgia/Alabama if they were to go undefeated.

Neither Georgia or Alabama can go undefeated. They would play each other in the SEC title game i believe. But obviously, one of them should come out undefeated and they could easily get screwed over. Think about it - USC, Texas, VA Tech and either Alabama/Georgia could go undefeated - 4 teams in all, and 2 won't be able to play for the national championship game. Taht's what I am all for an 8 team playoff.

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
Tarp02GT said:
Texas Tech may not be powerhouse, however they have an explosive offense. So going as far as calling them a paper team only thats way off.

They have an offense that can score points agains inferior D's. Prior to the Texas game they beat 2 D-1AA schools, 2 bottom feeders of the Big XII, and FIU(power ranked 114). The stats were padded, and people thought they would throw the ball all over the field and score 50 points :bored: . The reality is that their QB isn't second day draft material, their D is horrid, their run game is nothing, and their special teams is lacking. TTU is going to beat inferior teams with slow D's, but not any true top 15 teams.

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
smokey said:
Neither Georgia or Alabama can go undefeated. They would play each other in the SEC title game i believe. But obviously, one of them should come out undefeated and they could easily get screwed over. Think about it - USC, Texas, VA Tech and either Alabama/Georgia could go undefeated - 4 teams in all, and 2 won't be able to play for the national championship game. Taht's what I am all for an 8 team playoff.

I would love to see a 16 team playoff, but were never going to get it. I would say the best we could hope for would be the plus one thing they were talking about last year. It would be a shame if another team went undefeated through the SEC and was left out again. I'm sure the BCS people feel like idiots now for taking out the quality win factor :nonono: .

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
All I have to day is watch out for WVU for the next 2-4 years. Steve Slayton (True Freshman RB) Jason Gwaltney ( True Freshman RB and most recruited in the nation), Pat White (RS freshman QB) are going to put a hurt on some teams defense. 1993 was the last time we were in the National Championship game..it is time again.

-Jeff

I thought we were going to get WVU in the SEC last year, but it never transpired. I like yall, but I don't think you would be top of the heap SEC team right away....maybe in a few classes.

Users who are viewing this thread