who'd win? 2001 Suzuki GSXR vs '03 cobra

kcast

LEO
Established Member
ok obvioulsy the bike is mine, it is completely stock, except the handle grips, my buddy that i work with has an '03 sonic blue coupe and he has the 2.8 w/ full bassani w/ X and steeda cai, he is a fairly decent driver and put down 466rwhp and 492rwtq. his tires are stock and he keeps talking trash saying he'll beat me but we finally had a chance to run them and he backed down, i told him id give it to him from a 30-40mph roll, im a fairly experienced driver and can shift like a mofo, i think it'll be close, but he insists he'll kill me....

bbates

Established Member
ok first of all he has how much hp with those mods? sounds high to me but who knows. now as an experienced road racer for three years on gsxr-600s and have ridden just about bike their is to ride. the only time i ran my 600 at the drags (by the way it had complete exhaust, thats all we could do in my division) i personally couldnt get in the 10s close though several times. so unless you cant ride or his car does lay those #s and drive like hell you should take him, but hey thats all hypathetical. good luck

Paul Vincent

Established Member
Make it interesting, and go top end too. I'd really like to hear what the GSXR 600 and a modded Cobra would do under those conditions (race from a 30-40 mph roll on, and also race from a 120 mph roll on).

kcast

LEO
Established Member
he has the 2.8' pulley, with the diablo predator, full basani exhaust, steeda cai, and has dyno numbers to prove, 466rwhp, check his profile.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
GSXR600s run what, mid-120s traps in the 1/4? From a roll that should be a close race with a SVT which is trapping around 120 even.

Get it on tape :)

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
If the guy can really shift at proper rpm's it could be close and maybe cobra win, more so maybe at 50 2nd gear, if he's running stock tires. He's probably got to do a 2nd gear start, 1st gear would spin too much. I have pretty close setup to his but 315 drs and a 2.9. I haven't run any bikes though. Tape it.:beer:

RedFire2003

Established Member
Would probly be an ok race I have ran multiple gsxr600's from 40 rolls but I have a KB and at 18psi I was able to pull the Bike a little but towards 110mph I started to pull bus lengths. I dont think that the Cobra will really keep up with out some more Power. Top end the cobra will win though!

The Orphaner

Snake Charmer
Established Member
I posted this a few days ago. Two guys at work one with a Yamaha R6. We went from a 70 mph punch, they didnt like it too much...LOL.:burnout:

JNY XXX

Not sure how a GSXR600 compares to an R6, but here's a couple of threads that you might find interesting nonetheless:

http://www.columbusracing.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001192

http://www.columbusracing.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001195

Here's the cliff notes:

-the 03 Cobra in question has an exhaust, CAI, pulley, and chip and puts down in the area of 440rwhp.

-the races went from rolls (i.e., a 40 roll and a 70 roll)

-in each race, the R6 put two to three carlengths on the Cobra early on, but was reeled in each time by the Cobra up top (i.e., around 130mph+)

-the latter of the two races was caught on video; if I come across it, I'll try to post it up.

Bonus FYI: The 03 Cobra in question is the same 03 Cobra that you may have seen in a video on here that features a TT mustang, a Supra, and a very fast RX7.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
I think the race will go like VenomSS said. The bike will pull initially from a 30 punch but get reeled in above 130 or so. From a dig the bike will take the 03 in the 1/4 mi.

I'm sure the bike with decent driver is an 11 sec bike.

kcast

LEO
Established Member
no objection at all, he hasnt raced any bikes yet, but here in myrtle beach, he is pretty much the fastest around, a bunch of loud mouth ricers who wanna run, but never have money or hp to back up thier mouth, he wants to run from 30/40 to about 130, from what i read, if he keeps till 130 then i should pull on him, but any more mph's like 140-150 then he'll start to reel me, ill definately try to get it on tape.

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
From a dig, the bike will win no doubt about it.
From a roll I would give the win to the cobra. I pulled a lightly modded gixxer 600. He jumped be from 60, end of fourth I pulled even. beginning of fifth I had him by two cars. The pull just gets harder the faster you go.

Users who are viewing this thread